New Job. Not Dead Yet.

SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
I've been off the radar for a while here and I figured I'd hop back into the TE fray and make sure everyone's still behaving. icon_lol.gif

Well, to tell the truth, I've been logging in every now and then to perform my mod-type duties, but I haven't been very active in posting or chatting because I've been hanging around at home studying and trying to get back in shape (read "procrastinating") while I was job-searching; my prior contract-gig ended last January. Of course, that's all changed today: I'm posting this from the Autodesk office in San Francisco, my new home-away-from-home as I settle into a new job as a Sr. Windows Server Engineer. (I'm a contractor, once again, but I'm hoping that'll change to something more permanent next year. Keeping my fingers crossed.)

So I'm back in the saddle, back to working for a living. I'll be fast-tracking some MCSA tests, having had plenty of time to study but no cash to sign up for the exams, so I'll probably be posting quite a bit about that in the coming few months. The VCP5-DCV is still on the books, I just need to make myself actually sit down and read the book so I can get the test done now that I've done the class, and I'm dangerously close to becoming adept with SCCM 2012. I'm also proud to say that I haven't completely fallen off the wagon, school-wise, and am signed up for the last class I need for two separate Associate's degrees this fall.

It's nice to be back in the real world, and definitely nice to be back and active on TE again. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.

Comments

• bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey! Long time no see.

Shoot. I was going to ask if you were the same slowhand as on another ... place where I saw that username in use, but now I can't remember where.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    He lives lol.. :p
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good to see you again... :)
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Welcome back!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah welcome back mate! More than a few members have fallen off the radar completely that I wish were still around - mikej412, royal and dynamik spring to mind.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    OG thread icon_lol.gif

Congrats on the new gig, is it contract-to-hire?
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome back!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    lsud00d wrote: »
    Congrats on the new gig, is it contract-to-hire?
    Thank you much. No, it's not formally contract-to-hire, it's a 6+ month contract they've already said will be stretched out to 12 months. Of course, now that I'm here, they're talking about projects that will be occurring over the course of the next 2 - 3 years, so I'm thinking they might want to keep me around for a while. I believe there's a limit to how long they can keep me on an extended contract before they basically have to put me on full-time or let me go, but I have no idea what, exactly, that limit is.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.