Advice On CISSP

ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have 5 years IT experience and im looking to make a move to do the CISSP exam i have the shon all in one book for my study any advice i will be in afghanistan in two months any advice. I would like to come back CISSP certified
I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    I would advise you to read all of the recent threads in this forum on the CISSP exam and study materials to get an idea of how to prepare.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd recommend using a variety of study materials (books by different authors) and taking a bunch of practice tests (domain specific and compiled together).
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Best advice you will ever get:
    1 - As JD said, peruse the "passed CISSP" threads. Many of us have made great posts detailing our study plans. That way you can see what has worked for different people
    2 - Spend some time here: Brief Overview of Punctuation
  • snysny Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recently passed the CISSP and have submitted a thread containing resources i used to pass the exam. Not sure why that haven't been approved and shared for other users but ... I can relate to you as i also have 5 years of Experience, I used Shon Harris AIO as my primary source i read that book 3 times cover to cover i also used Eric Conrad book but that not sufficient material. Apart from that i also used 11 Hour by Eric Conrad but that book is just copy paste of important points from Eric Conrad original book. I would also suggest read NIST SP. There is a very good blog by JDMurray which i would recommend being used for using other reading material.