Information on CISM

NimrodHunterNimrodHunter Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I have been in IT since 1997 and recently just passed the CISSP and I am currently in the endorsement process with ISC2 (just waiting for them to approve it, hopefully any day now). I am looking to see what other certs are recommended and highly looked upon by HR types and that really hold value in the industry. My next choice (aside from canned certs) is either the CISM or CRISC.

I have many questions about these, like recommended self study, what are the cost, how do these compare to CISSP exam.

The main question though is, should I attempt on my own dime or see if my organization will help me achieve both of these?

Any help recommendations thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NimrodHunter,

Myself and many others I'm sure will likely suggest that you try to get your organization to cover the costs if at all possible. This is always the ideal situation initially if it is possible. In my situation, I paid for the test fee's and study materials out of pocket and will be reimbursed if/when I pass the exam.

On that note, we are down to roughly 3 weeks until test time for the CISM, CISA etc.

I am still just burning through 30-60 practice questions a day and plan to start a couple dry runs of 200 questions soon prior to testing. Wish everyone else best of luck too, although this section is a ghost town for the most part.
  • NimrodHunterNimrodHunter Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What are you using for study material? only the information available by ISACA?
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yep, I am strictly using the Official ISACA 2014 CISM Review Manual and CD Practice Question Database purchased from their website. This seems to be recommended by most who have passed.
  • maxermaxer Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To zxbane:

I'm to take the exam in December 2014.

Could you please describe the differences between the questions on the database and those on the real exam? Are they similar with regards to their difficulty/complexity?

Should i expect something similar in the exam with the questions in the database (even not the same ones) ?

Many thanks