GOT it Finally!!!!!!

omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
By the grace of God & the power of CCNA, I finally landed a job as a Client Technical Support Senior Associate at Dell. I start on june 16th....I'm very happy bout it. This forum is a great inspiration...thank you guys for all the knowledge & support.....cheers..

Comments

• robt_1robt_1 Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    thank u sir
    robt_1 wrote: »
    Congrats!!!!
  • Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • subsooner711subsooner711 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Tell us more about the job. Pay, benefits?
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. That is very exciting!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • UltimasUltimas Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's awesome man! Congrats!
  • Heracles004Heracles004 Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! Good luck with the new job!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    whats the job description?
    the job is Client Technical Support Senior Associate. I'll be taking inbound call for small & medium businesses for troubleshooting network, software & hardware issue as well as tech sales suggestions but not mandatory. They will provide 6 weeks training & will pay for all future certs fees & training for free. Benefit starts from day 1. Health benefit is phenomenal. I become eligible for 2 weeks yearly vacation from the day 1 I join. The Dell Campus is awesome. People r great. Starting pay is pretty good & I also will get 3% bonus yearly of my salary.

I m stoked. The manager said I can move up to the Enterprise tech analyst position within a year & money & opportunity is limitless from there.

Couple more thing I'd like to share with ya'll...I've got the senior position because of my CCNA on ongoing MCSA(Win8.1) study. Some more experienced incumbents didn't get the position cause they lack certs. The Manager also mentioned that Linux Pro level certs & CCNP makes very good money at Dell...

I again wanna thank ya'll for all the tips, help & support and good luck to your job hunting expeditions. Have a happy Memorial Day weekend.
  • GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    omi2123 wrote: »
    the job is Client Technical Support Senior Associate. I'll be taking inbound call for small & medium businesses for troubleshooting network, software & hardware issue as well as tech sales suggestions but not mandatory. They will provide 6 weeks training & will pay for all future certs fees & training for free. Benefit starts from day 1. Health benefit is phenomenal. I become eligible for 2 weeks yearly vacation from the day 1 I join. The Dell Campus is awesome. People r great. Starting pay is pretty good & I also will get 3% bonus yearly of my salary.

I m stoked. The manager said I can move up to the Enterprise tech analyst position within a year & money & opportunity is limitless from there.

Couple more thing I'd like to share with ya'll...I've got the senior position because of my CCNA on ongoing MCSA(Win8.1) study. Some more experienced incumbents didn't get the position cause they lack certs. The Manager also mentioned that Linux Pro level certs & CCNP makes very good money at Dell...

I again wanna thank ya'll for all the tips, help & support and good luck to your job hunting expeditions. Have a happy Memorial Day weekend.

wow congrats on the job and good luck, that's alot of good input.
    In pursuit of CCNA:SECURITY; CCNP; THEN MCSE
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    Sounds awesome, this is all at Oklahoma? Wish something like this existed in my city icon_sad.gif
    yes, It's in Oklahoma City....
  • ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    as well as tech sales suggestions but not mandatory.

I guarantee you this is tracked and does matter. They might say it's not and it doesn't, but it'll come up in your review for sure.
  • subsooner711subsooner711 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□

Good deal! Congrats on the job!
  • 101010101010 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome, congrats on landing the job! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5
  • biggenebiggene Member Posts: 153 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the new gig, and best of luck in the future.
    thank you everyone for all the wishes......will start my CCNP journey soon
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Very big congrats on the Job! Is this working at a Dell campus/building or for a Dell client?

I work on site for a Dell client, We have technical support associates/senior associates here but they have a completely different set of job functions (Desktop support). Thats good to know that the term covers a large swath of jobs. Where did you see this job posted?
    I'll be working at a Dell campus here in Oklahoma City. I've seen the positions at jobs.dell.com site. Just select ur state & city and all posted jobs will be there for u to apply.
    --chris-- wrote: »
    Very big congrats on the Job! Is this working at a Dell campus/building or for a Dell client?

I work on site for a Dell client, We have technical support associates/senior associates here but they have a completely different set of job functions (Desktop support). Thats good to know that the term covers a large swath of jobs. Where did you see this job posted?
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'll be working at a Dell campus here in Oklahoma City. I've seen the positions at jobs.dell.com site. Just select ur state & city and all posted jobs will be there for u to apply.

Very nice, thanks for the link!
  • coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats...only one direction to move from here and that's up!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the Gig!
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    By the grace of God & the power of CCNA...

This made me think of this ...

By the Power of Greyskull - YouTube
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • earonw49earonw49 Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! You've earned it! Work hard and work WELL!
    WGU B.S. IT - Progress: Feb 2015 - End Date Jan 2018
    WGU M.S Cyber Security & Assurance - Progress: March 2019 - End Date June 2019
  • NYC_TECHNYC_TECH Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with new job. icon_thumright.gif