Failed MTA 98-365 PANIC!

mj88mj88 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi I am looking for some advise.

Yesterday I failed my MTA 98-365 exam by 7 points (scored 63, 70 required) and I am looking for some advise and pointers towards where I could be going wrong and potential resources for me to look at.

My study plan was at college once every week for 5 weeks, combined with using measure up study guide, Microsoft Ebook and the CBT nuggets. I am not going to lie and say I went through everything religiously every day but I did feel going into the exam confident which I did not on my previous one (networking 98-366, failed first time 53, passed second time 77- take that with this!!)

However, what was worse with this exam is that I genuinely did feel like I had passed. Going through to the last few questions I was convinced I was going to see a pass in the early 70s and I am absolutely gutted I have to go through it again and beginning to panic at the idea of it. Revising and reading things I have already looked through is not working and as a result I am panicking at that.

Any ideas? Can anyone share a similar experience???

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• sparkyOSsparkyOS Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed the test today with a 70. A pass is a pass. If I had to do it over I would have created a test network with 08 and played around with A/D and few other parts of windows. I was expecting the test to be more about concepts and could have used more real world cockpit time. You can do this test and will pass!!! Best of luck and look forward to hearing you passed.
  • missjanayamissjanaya Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Perhaps you overstudied like I did and went in to the exam nervously. I would say keep studying and try again. Perhaps think about even going for something like an MCSA Sever 2012 if you need a confidence booster try the A+ or the 98-349 :)
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Practice makes perfect. Don't give up, just keep studying and maybe try a couple of different resources this time.

I am sure you'll get it next time. Goodluck with your studies!

Justin
  • mj88mj88 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the kind words.

I take the exam either Thursday or Friday. I work Tuesday and Wednesday so revision is not going to be at its premium but I should be able to get enough to polish up on the areas I think I went wrong in (domain controllers, groups, AD, RAID)
  • HawkrunnerHawkrunner Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck this week. I'm taking the 366 on Thursday. Have you looked in the Microsoft Virtual Academy? Besides the knowledge and experience I gather at work, I've used MVA and Pluralsight for all the majority of my studying.

Microsoft Virtual Academy
    Pluralsight - Hardcore Dev and IT Training
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Overstudying! It happens to us all! This happened to me many times. The best advice I can give is this. This slogan carried me through many of my trials and tribulations: Trust your gut, or get it in the rear!!
  • mj88mj88 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed second time lucky. Don't know how, but managed to with a score of 91%. Strange feelings, felt I walked it on the last one and failed with 63%, felt I failed quite badly on this one yet passed quite easily!

Our tutor does actually feel the MTA 98-365 Server Fundamentals has actually upped its difficulty and there are questions in there that aren't warranted for such a level entry exam, but hey ho.

Now have that along with my Networking MTA and I am going ahead to do my Security exam in the next 2 months. Happy :)

EDIT: Also like to add, thank you very much for all the kind words which did help!
  • SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mj88 wrote: »
    Passed second time lucky. Don't know how, but managed to with a score of 91%. Strange feelings, felt I walked it on the last one and failed with 63%, felt I failed quite badly on this one yet passed quite easily!

Our tutor does actually feel the MTA 98-365 Server Fundamentals has actually upped its difficulty and there are questions in there that aren't warranted for such a level entry exam, but hey ho.

Now have that along with my Networking MTA and I am going ahead to do my Security exam in the next 2 months. Happy :)

EDIT: Also like to add, thank you very much for all the kind words which did help!

I agree... the 365 was surprisingly difficult for an MTA... haha

-scott
  • iNoufiNouf Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed after studying for only 4 days, completely relied on CBTnuggets videos which are amazing! then took almost every quiz there's on server fundamentals on quizlet

I scored 70, i would've score a lot more had i given few more days.

I think having a week between each study day might've contributed to failing the exam.
    oh! and congrats on passing with an AWESOME score second time!
  • PutriPutri Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello All,

I have "bad" experiences about this exam. After in my fourth exam, I still failed. In my third exam, I got update exam (more question buat stiil in short time). And timed out before I finished that exam.
    I don't know what's wrong with this. I have learned by CBT Nugget and read the official book. But, it's still can't work.
    Can you help or give some tips how to make me passed for this time ? Because (maybe) i'll take again in middle of this month.
    Thanks before guys!