Passed ICND2

Zohaib85Zohaib85 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed today ICND2 scored 986 pretty happy about.
Read Todd Lamle book
watch CBT nuggets Jeremy videos
Exam was easy enough completed 15mins early!
Confused now what should I do CCNA security or CCNP?

Comments

• MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'd say go onto CCNP and then backtrack. That's what I'm going to do.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Zohaib85Zohaib85 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yeah I'm thinking now. I work in retail looking to get job in I.T sector, don't know what would be more beneficial either CCNA Security or CCNP to get a good job quickly.
  • devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't really know that getting your CCNP certification will help you if you've never worked in IT before. I'd focus on some more basic certs while looking for a foot-in-the-door type of position.
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job!
    I plan to slowly do the CCNP as I am gaining experience and taking more Microsoft related classes. I figure if I do one or two tests a year it will keep me working with the cisco gear and keep my certs up to date.
  • Zohaib85Zohaib85 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks everyone!
    Most experts reccomend me to do CCNP as I like routing and switching after CCNP I will do CCNA security.
    Hopefully that will help me out.
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    I don't really know that getting your CCNP certification will help you if you've never worked in IT before. I'd focus on some more basic certs while looking for a foot-in-the-door type of position.

Yep, this. Nothing worse than walking into interview and you have CCNP or MCSE and Zero experience. Start with basic certs as you have, then get your foot in the door with IT helpdesk and/or NOC.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JeanM wrote: »
    Yep, this. Nothing worse than walking into interview and you have CCNP or MCSE and Zero experience. Start with basic certs as you have, then get your foot in the door with IT helpdesk and/or NOC.
    Agreed. I didn't know you didn't have any IT experience. Personally, I feel as though certifications are to be obtained when you have been working in the particular field for a length of time. For example, I have been working in IT for 12 years, but networking for the last 6 - I have CCENT/CCNA knowledge and I am going more and more into CCNP work knowledge. Once I muster up the energy I'm going to take the ICND2 and then onto CCNP. Since work is going well, I don't see the need to obtain those yet.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S