Passed Sec+ 820 Thank You

iknowit2iknowit2 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I want to thank this forum and this site in general for helping me pass this exam. Pouring over all the material I could find on this site combined with Darril Gibson's book, CBT Nuggets videos, and the Transcender test preps I was able to pass.

Having stopped studying for two months before taking the exam might of had something to do with my score not being higher. So my advice to someone preparing for the exam is don't stop studying until after you take the exam?

Anyway, this forum and the sources I listed were invaluable in helping me pass this exam.

Big thanks to all on here!

Regards...

Comments

• Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    Congrats! What's next?
  • iknowit2iknowit2 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CISSP while the knowledge I've gained from studying the Sec+ is still fresh. I'm researching on the forum now about which books to read.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Good luck! ... would like to get CISSP in 2 more years when I get 5 years of job experience.
    I don't think I want to wait until I have 5 years exp. to take the exam. Can't you take it now and become an associate?
  • ITforyearsITforyears Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. Even though the CISSP is considered more prestigious; ever thought of pursuing the CASP? It is considered CISSP light but more technical.
  • LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Deathmage wrote: »
    Good luck! ... would like to get CISSP in 2 more years when I get 5 years of job experience.

You can get CISSP at 3 years and 3-6 months of experience, SEC+ would give a 1 year waiver, which makes it 4 years instead of 5. You had up to 9 months to submit your credential before the maintenance kicks in, so passing it 6-9 months earlier is ideal.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    LionelTeo wrote: »
    You can get CISSP at 3 years and 3-6 months of experience, SEC+ would give a 1 year waiver, which makes it 4 years instead of 5. You had up to 9 months to submit your credential before the maintenance kicks in, so passing it 6-9 months earlier is ideal.

that's really good to know! - thanks! - Once I'm done with CCNA and Proj + for this year perhaps I'll do that next.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    LionelTeo wrote: »
    I'm guessing you would recommend going for the CISSP after obtaining a Sec+ cert?
    I don't see CASP listed as a requirement when looking over job postings as much as I do the CISSP. It's a tough call, but I need to focus on the industry standard which at this time appears to be the CISSP.