Options

Follow-Up to my What If Question

philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
So many of you answered my Thread on "What If?". My follow-up question is, what are the three things, that are holding you back from doing the What If scenario you posted about?

For me, it's
  1. ADHD and lack of focus
  2. No clear end goal in mind
  3. Lack of clear prioritization.

Comments

• Options
    LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    1. Girlfriend
    2. Family
    3. There isn't really a third thing, maybe a little too attach to interest in IT Security.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    1. Sole income for a family of 5 (wife should be done with college by end of next year).
    2. Not wanting to stop my career in its tracks while on im an upward trajectory in both jobs/pay.
    3. I would want several years of salary saved before launching something like that.

I'm the type that will pull the trigger onces circumstances allow, and the afore mentioned things should be taken care of in 4-5 years. I absolutely plan on pursuing my other dreams/goals.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1. 20 year old in college
    2. 19 year old in college
    3. 17 year old in collegeicon_cheers.gif

Thank GOD I had 'em early. lol
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Basically the things you listed as imagining I had. My bills aren't covered for the next year, I don't have endless energy and I don't have access to any class I want!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1. Monetary Resources
    2. Educational Priorities
    3. I just don't have enough time.