How much should I study before taking the Network+

tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey I have a voucher to take the Network+ before the end of the summer. I'm going to start studying in a few days. I want to get it over with as soon as possible but I want to be prepared to pass. In short, how many hours a day and how many weeks should I study for it? If not, is there a rule of thumb to know when I'm ready or not?

Comments

• bhcs2014bhcs2014 Member Posts: 103
    My approach is to never set a timeline. Soak the material in and enjoy it. When you feel you may be ready for the actual exam take a practice test.. if you do well enough go ahead and schedule your exam.
  • subnettingpracticesubnettingpractice Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Instead of trying to get it done as soon as possible try to learn as much as you can from it. If you pass the exam but then are unable to remember anything from the test when it comes to your job or where ever, then what is the point? Study until you understand the material. The length of time can have many variables.
  • DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    It's away good to set a realistic date on when to take the exam. If you have basic knowledge networking, 3 months with at least 2hours of studying per day. Go through each objective until you fully understand it, once you completed all the objectives. I would start practice exams daily from at least 3 different vendors (Meyers, Exam Cram & Nugget). I would have to say the reading is KEY, some folks jump straight to the practice exams and not fully understand some of the material.
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    If you work at a job where you deal with networking in your daily tasks: 1 to 2 months of study is plenty.

If you don't work at a job or have a job period were your exposed to networking in your daily tasks: 2 to 3 months of study is ideal.
  • tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Deathmage wrote: »
    If you work at a job where you deal with networking in your daily tasks: 1 to 2 months of study is plenty.

If you don't work at a job or have a job period were your exposed to networking in your daily tasks: 2 to 3 months of study is ideal.

I'm going to start volunteering with a local not for profit next week and what I have been told I'm going to be helping with the networking. However, I think I'm going to stick with the 2-3 months goal. That plan seems more fault tolerant.