Options

N10-005 practice exam answer sheet typeos?

aolishaolish Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all, I am in need of some help as I don't know if some of these answers to these practice questions are simply typeos in there answers or not. I haven't been doing to well on some of the N10 practice questions, but I just recently ran into 2 questions that I thought I had answered 100% correct but turned out to be wrong. I absolutely have no clue as to why these questions are wrong and would like some clarification as to why another answer was chosen.

-Which of the following protocols should be used tomonitor network performance?
A. SNTP
B. SMTP
C. HTTP
D. SNMP

My answer that I gave was D, unfortunately the correct answer is A according to the answer sheet. I am unsure as to why SNMP is not the answer if that is to monitor network performance and SNTP is a network time protocol?

-A user recieves an email slating that their account was compromised and there is a need to veritfy account credentials by submitting the correct information on a website. Which of the following security threats is occuring?
A. Phishing
B. Smurf attack
C. Denial of service
D. Man-in-the-middle

My answer was A, unfortunately the correct answer is D. Any clarification on the reasons why these two answers are on the answer sheet is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    Looks like a typo because D would be the correct answer. IT professional uses SNMP management software to monitor any network device on which you install SNMP agent software. SNTP is a network time synchronization.

The second question is also a typo because Phishing is the act of attempting to acquire sensitive information and Man in the middle is a form of active eavesdropping in which the attacker makes independent connections with the victims and relays messages between them.

I also had a practice exam with plenty of errors, if your unsure. Do some research and you will be able to figure it out.
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+
  • Options
    aolishaolish Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much for the help, I wonder if all the other answers I got wrong was due to typeos? I'll have to look back and check. Thanks for the clarification! God Bless! =]
  • Options
    DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    aolish wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the help, I wonder if all the other answers I got wrong was due to typeos? I'll have to look back and check. Thanks for the clarification! God Bless! =]
    Which vendor are you using for your Practice exam questions?
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+