ISACA Study Materials

NimrodHunterNimrodHunter Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can anyone tell me how helpful ISACA review manual(s) (CISA, CISM, CRISC) for study material? Should I use anything else in conjunction with their material?

I also, see that they write a new book almost yearly, so how much really changes from year to year? Can I use last years information for this year or this year for next years tests?

Thanks all

Comments

• paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The ISACA materials are aboslutely very helpful if you happen to suffer from insomnia. It's a lot safer than taking prescriptive medication and has no addictive effects. But if you are asking if they are helpful for passing the exams... icon_jokercolor.gif

When I sat for the CISM and CRISC, I only used the ISACA materials - I found the Q&A manuals to be most useful and I only skimmed through the review manuals. As for changes from year-to-year - it is my understanding that it doesn't change very much but I would recommend getting the updated Q&A review books.

Good luck in your studies.
  • GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They are helpful, yet drier than the Arizona desert.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can vouch for that.. Made one pass through the ISACA Review Manual for the CISM and since then I have used the Q&A CD-ROM because I felt the review manual was extremely dry and it made it difficult to actually retain any of the information in it.
  • MeanandMeanand Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The review manuals are not a joy to read or study.
    The question and answer db is better.
    But both are a must.
  • pappyTpappyT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did the same as zxbane.... skimmed through and read parts of the review manual, but most of my time was spent with the Q&A DB.