Applying for Employment through LinkedIN Profile or Employer Websites

goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
I fear LinkedIn because so many people can set up fake profiles. Now if the company has a link directly on there website then I might give it a go.

What are your thoughts?
The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs

Comments

• --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I do a lot of "direct" contact when applying for jobs. I feel that quite often companies post jobs on their websites and no where else.

As far as linkedin, it would depend. If a hiring person was putting out there, "looking for __________" send me a cover letter and resume type of thing I would be all over it.
  • tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
    --chris-- wrote: »
    I do a lot of "direct" contact when applying for jobs. I feel that quite often companies post jobs on their websites and no where else.

As far as linkedin, it would depend. If a hiring person was putting out there, "looking for __________" send me a cover letter and resume type of thing I would be all over it.

A lot of the jobs that are only posted on their company websites are posted on indeed.com and simplyhired.com
  • BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    I got my current job through LinkedIn and it's the best job I've ever had.
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    man, i've been applying through LinkedIn for years...never had a problem. Got a number of interviews from applying on there
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Get plenty of offers and leads from Linkedin. Most are just from my profile being out there and getting seen.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Only just applied recently through LinkedIn, annoyingly some adverts don't let you attach a resume / cv and coverletter and all it does is sending a link to your profile ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    We hired our last senior guy through linkedin and I always check linkedin profiles for potential candidates. It's a great resource for job hunting.
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    Only just applied recently through LinkedIn, annoyingly some adverts don't let you attach a resume / cv and coverletter and all it does is sending a link to your profile ...

was this a posting on Linkedin, or on the company/external site?

only thing i'm dismayed about, you can't post your cover letter separately anymore.....back in january, they took that away, now if you want to send a cover letter, it has to be in the same document as your resume, instead of the text box they had.....
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Job advert directly on linkedin by a company and because we weren't connected, the HR lady wasn't able to view the profile for some reason.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p