Options

Need advice before beginning 200-101 ICND2

nopixelnopixel Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed ICND1 back in Sep 2013 before the new tests came out. Obviously some big changes were made, including the introduction of IPv6 into the new CCENT exam.

My question is, would it be worth the time to briefly review the 100-101 book and make sure I grasp the new concepts before moving on to 200-102 or should I just start studying for the new ICND2 exam? Obviously it wouldn't hurt to review 100-101 I'm just curious on your opinions.
2018 goal: CCNA Collaboration - B]210-060[/B

Comments

• Options
    roch_gregroch_greg Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm no expert on the matter but if you took the old test's I'd for sure visit https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccna and check over the exam objectives. Is your ICND1 cert for v2 or v1 of the exam?

Those things said there is some overlap between ICND1 and ICND2 so it would always be best to have ICND1 fresh in your mind before sitting for ICND2.

I sit for ICND1 tomorrow.

Good Luck.
    Goals for 2014: Cisco ICND1[X], Cisco ICND2/CCNA R&S[X], Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos)[ ]
    Ain't Nothing Illegal til You Get Caught --> Tickle from Moonshiners TV Show.
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would say yes. Not sure what they added onto the new icnd1 but most of icnd2 grows and expands on fundamental concepts from icnd1
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would suggest reviewing the ICND1. Unless you are currently working with the technology and feel this information is just review. There was a lot changed in the CCNA test and it might take you longer to fill in the gaps then it would to read the ICND1 book.

Good Luck
  • Options
    nopixelnopixel Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tips guys! I will review the new ICND1 v2 book.
    2018 goal: CCNA Collaboration - B]210-060[/B