Mta 98-366

Hey guys,

I have another question regarding the MTA 98-366 exam.

Do we need to learn subnetting in and out? Like, do we need to know how to subnet extensively or what is it like on the exam?

I am going through CBT nuggets as well and there is quite a bit on subnetting in the IPv4 video but he says it is a bit 'extensive for the exam'.

So simply, I just want to know how much of the exam consists of subnetting because that is one of the exam objectives on MS study guide.

Thanks everyone.

Justin

Comments

• Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
  • 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you look here > Exam 98-366: Networking Fundamentals under 'Understanding IPv4' the first thing listed is subnetting. So you may want to know about it, and why and when its used. Also learn how to do it quickly. The site says 'Understanding protocols and services' is 45-50% of the exam so it wouldnt hurt to spend time and be proficient at it.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you look here > Exam 98-366: Networking Fundamentals under 'Understanding IPv4' the first thing listed is subnetting. So you may want to know about it, and why and when its used. Also learn how to do it quickly. The site says 'Understanding protocols and services' is 45-50% of the exam so it wouldnt hurt to spend time and be proficient at it.

For what it is worth; I had a small handful on subnetting... nothing big and not too involved.

-scott