Passed CCNA Composite Exam!

bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed with a 917/1000, good enough for me icon_cheers.gifI began studying for the CCNA exam prior to the changes that were made to the material last year, I made it through Todd Lamelle’s book, at the time I didn’t have the funds to register for the exam so I held off. Toward the end of 2013 I purchased Wendell Odom’s Official Cert guide books. I had originally planned to go the 2 exam route but, again, lack of funds kept me from registering by the time I felt I was ready for the ICND1 so I just kept studying and went through the ICND2 material as well. The books contained the majority if not all of the raw data that I needed to pass, but it really didn’t stick together until I went through the CBT Nuggets series which acted as the glue for all of the information that I retained from my reading along with countless hours of labs with Packet Tracer. While CBT Nuggets was great and I probably wouldn’t have passed without it, I almost certainly wouldn’t have passed with that information alone, I found large gaps in information, especially on the ICND2 side of things. Below are my scores based on topic:

· Operation of IP Data Networks – 100%
· LAN Switching Technologies – 90%
· IP Addressing IPV4 and IPV6 – 100%
· IP Routing Technologies – 50%
· IP Services – 100%· Network Device Security – 100%
·
Troubleshooting – 100%

·
WAN Technologies – 100%

I honestly can’t say why I scored so low in the IP Routing Technologies department but it is what it is I guess.I am hoping that this will be enough to move me from my support role at a small MSP in to a larger environment with a real need for dedicated networking staff and grow in to such a position while pursuing the CCNP (or CCNA security…haven’t decided yet :\). I have been doing support and small deployments for about 2 years now and I am ready to move forward!

Does anyone know how long it usually takes Cisco to give the proverbial thumbs up on a certification and make it official? Should I hold off on listing it on my resume until I hear from them?

As a quick aside, even though I took the 1 exam route, I would still recommend taking the 2 exam route to anyone interested in becoming a CCNA. $150 is much easier to swallow than $295 should you fail and this made my nerves that much more unstable come test day

Thanks for everything, I probably wouldn't be on the path I am today without this community!
If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one

Comments

• roch_gregroch_greg Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man and good job for sticking with it.

I took the ICND1 yesterday and completed at around noon. By yesterday evening I got a email from Cisco stating I was officially certified. So I guess it shouldn't take the whole 72 hours as they state on the Score Report.

It's up to you if you want to wait a day or two rather than listing it right away. In the big scheme of things what's a couple of days? However if you have a offer on the table contingent on you passing that exam then by all means list away.

I would take a minute to savor the victory, you did it and that's what counts.
    Goals for 2014: Cisco ICND1[X], Cisco ICND2/CCNA R&S[X], Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos)[ ]
    Ain't Nothing Illegal til You Get Caught --> Tickle from Moonshiners TV Show.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Congrats man!!! ... looking forward to the day I do this myself, my current study.
  • devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice work. The 200-120 kicked my butt when I took it. I had to go the ICND1 -> ICND2 route, but I eventually passed.
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Do you have plan on continuing down the Cisco certification track?
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Doyen wrote: »
    Congratulations! Do you have plan on continuing down the Cisco certification track?

I do, I am looking at the CCNP material now, trying to decide whether to go for that next or the CCNA Security. Part of me is leaning toward getting the CCNP now considering the new CCNA included some current CCNP level topics, or so im told anyway. Lol I don't know what to do with myself with nothing to study at the moment....already pricing out books and lab equipment...
    If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one