Current Events in IT

t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
How do you keep up with current events in IT? So many options out there. I use a combination of twitter, rss feeds, newsnow.net, and some other random websites.
Knowledge is Power.

Comments

• paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Information overload is one of the interesting side-effects of today's information world. I still remember before the Internet when we got our IT events from weekly and monthly magazines which came **gasp** via the mail. And my friends would go out as a group to the local computer book store or library at lunch to pick up the latest books which we would share among ourselves.

Fast forward to today - there is so much information that I can't really digest it all - so I keep a television on in my office during the day to catch snippets of business news and world events. Recently I started to use LinkedIn more often so I will check out Pulse. For IT news, I actually get a lot of it from TE forums - from my viewpoint - if the IT news is interesting, someone on TE will surely bring it up. Other than that - I will sometimes use the TechCrunch app and Bing News app on my Windows tablet/laptop.