WGU: how much will certification shave off the time needed?

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
Hey guys,

I plan on taking the CCENT in a few weeks and then CCNA R&S by the end of September at the latest. I'd love to get Project + done by the end of the year so that's my goal.

The thing is I would like to do WGU but how much would the CompTIA Trifecta plus CCNA and Project + shave off the IT:Security degree?

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you have the transfer guide?
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First look at your courses in your program. Then, besides looking at the WGU IT certification transfer list, it will also depend on what general education you already have that will transfer as well. After that, you time depends on your commitment to you schedule you laid out for yourself and your tenacity to get it done.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Ahhh well I already have a BA in Forestry and a AS in Computer Science so hopefully between those two college I got my essential electives covered.

it's all kind of funny, I got a BA in Forestry (Forest sustainability and protection) and yet now I work at a Corrugation company that has at anytime in the warehouse over 16.5 million dollars worth of paper in the form of 16,000 lb rolls. We have about 450 of them, ironically that's only 4 to 5 day of paper for our very needy Fosber corrugator.....

I just think it's funny since now I'm the opposite of my 1st degree; which would have made me ZERO money in life...