Passed Security+

HeliGuyHeliGuy Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Scored 825. It took me a total of 3 weeks to prepare for the exam using Darril Gibson's study guide, Pluralsight, and SuperMemo. I have 4 years of IT experience spread across application development and system/network administration. I plan to pursue WGU's IT-Security degree plan and from there pursue a Masters degree in Information Assurance and Security (possibly at Capella).

Comments

• michaelphanmichaelphan Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass! hoping to take the exam within the next couple of weeks using Gibson's book as well. do you think that you would've been able to get that score without your IT experience?
  • HeliGuyHeliGuy Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For me, I don't think I could have. Having the applicable knowledge of the protocols and server roles really helped.
  • Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass and welcome to the forumicon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Congrats!

What's next?
  • HeliGuyHeliGuy Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, everyone. Deathmage, next on the list is CCENT followed by CCNA-Security.
  • donw35donw35 Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Good luck with CCENT.