Pass the Security+ Today

medoomedoo Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the Security+ exam today with 850 , I used professor messer and ComTIA Security+ by Glen .

It took me one week to prepare for this exam , I would consider the professor messer one of the greatest source for anyone wants to do the exam ..

The exam is not really hard some of the questions are challenging . Good Luck guys

Next I am shooting for SANS Certificate ..icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• IS3IS3 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    One Week? how long did you allow yourself to study? I am studying for my Sec+ exam too and currently I'm on my 4th Week reading the book by Darril Gibson. Was it really that easy?
    :study:
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! One week is impressive as is your score. I guess some people can click with the material easily.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • HeliGuyHeliGuy Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • medoomedoo Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I have read some chapters on the book and skip some ,since I am (CCNA , JNCA, CCIA) also I have one year experience working on the security filed . As i said is not hard also is not really easy It can different from person to other .

Again If done reading the book , watch professor messer on this link (Professor Messer's Free CompTIA SY0-301 Security+ Training Course | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux, Microsoft Technology Training ) it helped a lot for the review
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
  • RivergoatRivergoat Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, sounds great. I'm studying with Prof Messer's videos, Darril's book, Exam Cram, and some practice tests. Been studying hard for about 2 weeks. I'd like to shoot for 1st week in July for the test, but any sooner I am not sure would be in my best interests. I want better than 95% on all my practice tests ;)
  • medoomedoo Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, everyone ..
  • j0nphillipsj0nphillips Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'll check out the Messer videos. My exam is on July 1.
  • dave1227dave1227 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I watched a few Messer videos too but not that many. Between the security class I took last fall and Gibson's book and study material from his website that was enough for me. The Testout material from my class was very thorough so I was pretty familiar with all the concepts when I started reading Gibson's book. I probably would've needed more resources than his book though if I hadn't taken that class. Good luck on your exam!
  • illuminusilluminus Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□