Options

Leaving my Hell Desk job hopefully soon

DrB1986DrB1986 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Anyways long story short, I currently work at the NMCI help desk in Norfolk, VA in Tier 2 capacity and after taking and passing my first Microsoft certification, more doors have opened up for me and looks like I will be getting a new job with another company I have been dealing with and required me to have a MS cert before wanting to take me on, so hopefully in the next 1-2 weeks I can start work once the position is ready. In the meanwhile I am just keeping an open mind and putting my new resume out there just in case something is better so here it is if you can forward it to any hiring managers you know.

p.s I cant wait to leave this hellish job soon, you have no ******* clue the hell I had to deal with and thankfully it will be over soon lol.

P.S 2 I cannot upload my resume on here so Ill just copy and paste

Comments

• Options
    Security Clearances
    DoD Interim Top Secret Security Clearance- March, 2014
    DoD Secret Security Clearance- Aug, 2004

Technical Skills

Active Directory Management experience, Windows administrator experience, Experience with Remedy ticketing systems, Basic LAN/ Network troubleshooting knowledge, Installing and configuring Windows Operating Systems, Virtualization experience with VMWARE and Virtual Box, Experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook, Experience troubleshooting printer issues and installing printers, Professional customer service skills, CONUS/ OCONUS travel experience, Windows 7, Vista, XP experience, Knowledgeable with web browsers Windows Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, Experience installing antivirus software

Professional Experience

Strategic Data Systems Inc. San Diego, CA
    Tier 2 Help Desk Analyst, 10/2013- present

• Working as a T2 Help Desk Technician troubleshooting user issues on the NMCI network over the phone and on the computer via remote connection
    • Tier 2 administrator rights gave me permission to escalate tickets, and look up file servers
    • Uses Remote Desktop Connection, Remote Assistance, and Active Directory as troubleshooting tools
    • Documents user’s issues using Remedy and SM7 ticketing systems
    • Troubleshoot Blackberry cellular phones, laptops, and desktop machines
    • Resolve issues with Remote software such as BU-RAS, and Juniper Networks
    • Update operating system software for Windows XP and Windows 7
    • Resolve LAN issues on Windows XP, 7 computers

Diverse Technologies Corporation Inc.Mechanicsburg, PA
    IT Support Technician J-6, 12/2011 - 01/2012

Contracted to Joint Forces Command on Norfolk Naval Station
    • Assisted users with PC/ Laptop issues and CYBEX Switchbox issues
    Supported users with Confidential or Secure network connections and Windows 7 and Windows XP operating systems issues
    • Assisted with imaging and deployment of Dell Laptops to users

Page 1 of 2

The Experts Inc. / Navy Marine Corps Infrastructure Program.Plano, TX
    Navy IT Contractor/ Desktop Engineer, 08/2011 - 10/2013

Installed Hewlett Packard (HP) desktop and laptop computers including associated peripheral equipment, Ethernet cable (CAT5/6), KVM switches, and SIPR routers
    Transferred customer data from computer to computer using P2P transfer methods
    • Troubleshooting PC’s and laptops for network connectivity, printer issues, Microsoft Outlook issues, driver problems, and lost data
    • Used local administrator accounts for troubleshooting issues as required by higher authority
    • Traveled as necessary and maintained trip records and receipts in accordance with company policy with no errors

Alpine Access Inc. Denver, CO
    Phone Technical Support for Microsoft and AOL, 06/2010 - 08/2011

Provided remote technical support to Microsoft and AOL customers
    Provided rapid resolution of customer issues with hardware, software and network connectivity
    Documented and escalated Tier 2 and Tier 3 issues

SimIS Inc. Portsmouth, VA
    Information Technology Division Intern, 06/2010 - 08/2010

Supported Network Administrator with basic networking issues pertaining to windows server 2003, 2008 and VMware

MRO Computers and AstronomyChesapeake, VA
    Computer Tech intern, 08/2008 - 06/2009

Gained experience in basic hardware and software installation, troubleshooting, and support techniques

Army National GuardWashington D.C., District of Colombia
    Military Police Guardsman, 08/2004 - 08/2012

Guard/Reserve Training

Certificates/Exams

SimIS.inc Summer 2010 internship certificate
    CompTIA A+ certification
    Microsoft Certified Professional MTA 98-349 Windows OS Fundamentals

Education

Continuing Education atTidewater Community College, Chesapeake, Virginia with an Associates of Science Degree in Information Technology
    Deep Creek High School, Chesapeake, VA graduated June 2004

Page 2 of 2

• Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Duuuuuude take out your personal information and generalize your work experience, especially if you are going to bad-mouth your current position.
  • Options
    Thanks,

That was on me, just felt like ranting a bit while putting up my resume, understand I just needed to release if anyone knows the feeling.
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Get rid of the company names.. very unprofessional to do that
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    GorbyGorby Member Posts: 141
    Yes I would remove the personal information such as the company names and try to generalize the descriptions, you never know who at your job may be a TE member.