CCENT passed over the weekend

ciscouser8429ciscouser8429 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Over the weekend I passed the CCENT exam with a 880. I was actually going to reschedule for Thursday b/c I didn't feel confident enough, but the Pearson site was down for maintenance. Now I'm glad I didn't have the option to reschedule :)

If I can share anything it would for you guys to have subnetting down. I got a 60% on just that and 100% on everything else.

I want to thank you guys for all the helpful information you provide. I can honestly say I would not have been able to pass if it wasn't for you guys!

Now I will take a 2 week break and start studying for the CCNA security. My employer is paying for me to take a 5 day class with Global Knowledge at the end of June, but I want to have a basic understanding of it when I get there and ask what I didn't understand. I do plan to take that test right after class. Good luck to everyone!

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! Good luck with the CCNA Security!
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • skittledmonkeyskittledmonkey Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass. I agree with the subnetting, very important to get this nailed down and you are pretty much over half way there.
  • jcorriganjcorrigan Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, i plan on taking the exams this summer, what practice tests would you recommend using?
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hmmm... you sure you got 100% on everything else, even labs? I didn't think subnetting was weighted that heavily?
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • CiscoDiditCiscoDidit Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! The Cisco grind is REAL!!!
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Great Job!
  • zykezyke Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats : ) I am doing my ICND1 tomorrow and my CCNA Security 2 weeks from that.
    Same as you, my employer us paying for it and I will do it at global knowledge ^^,
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • ciscouser8429ciscouser8429 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! Good luck with the CCNA Security!
    Thank you, I know your recently got yours!! congrats on that!
    jcorrigan wrote: »
    Congratulations, i plan on taking the exams this summer, what practice tests would you recommend using?
    I used the Boson practice exams. I was never able to pass any of them, but I did study why I got the wrong answer and made notes of it.
    xnx wrote: »
    Hmmm... you sure you got 100% on everything else, even labs? I didn't think subnetting was weighted that heavily?
    I'm pretty sure that's what I remember. I remember that even the labs had subnetting questions.
    zyke wrote: »
    Congrats : ) I am doing my ICND1 tomorrow and my CCNA Security 2 weeks from that.
    Same as you, my employer us paying for it and I will do it at global knowledge ^^,
    Yeah, I think if something we could study on our own, but if they want to spend the $3,000+ who am I to stop them :) What are you plans after getting your CCNA Sec?