Options

RHCE Passed!!

Jon.Jon. Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

I finally nailed the RHCE on Friday.

Failed it two weeks ago with 0 points following a miss hap with fstab. icon_sad.gif

But got it Friday with 83%... not a walk in the park but a pass is a pass lol.

I've decided to pursue the RHCA path and am wondering which exam to do next, I guess it doesn't matter too much as we need to do all 5 anyway.. so thinking maybe Server Hardening. Has anyone sat this? If so what study material did you use?

For RHCSA & RHCE I attended a course followed by exam. However, I would like to self study for the remaining 5 exams.

Anyone know where to find the best study material?

Jon

Comments

• Options
    sasnimrodsasnimrod Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations for your RHCE and good luck for your RHCA studies :)
  • Options
    Muhammad AbaidMuhammad Abaid Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Jon, Can you please tell us your preparation duration for RHCE and books / Labs /Job experience and best of luck for RHCA .. I am on the same road but waiting for RHEL 7
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Jon. wrote: »
    I've decided to pursue the RHCA path and am wondering which exam to do next, I guess it doesn't matter too much as we need to do all 5 anyway.. so thinking maybe Server Hardening. Has anyone sat this? If so what study material did you use?

For RHCSA & RHCE I attended a course followed by exam. However, I would like to self study for the remaining 5 exams.

Anyone know where to find the best study material?

Jon

So to give you some of my experience, it's next to impossible to self-study for these exams and pass on the first try (without having ever taken the associated course). Given that, if you have the funds, study until you speak the technology in that exam better than your first language, then go try one. After that point, you'll know where you lack in skills, go study those, retake and pass.

Even if it takes you two or three attempts, that's cheaper than paying for the course.