Options

Anyone who has retaken 70-291...

vmurphyvmurphy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am currently studying for a retake of this exam and was hoping someone who has done the same can tell me if much of the same questions appeared the second time around?

Comments

• Options
    SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    I passed this exam on my first attempt, but failed two other exams on my MCSE track.

On both my second attempts I had a few duplicate questions, but the vast majority where fresh questions. I guess MS have a huge question pool that they draw from. Study hard. Use the failure as a bonus, you now know what to expect and what sections they will test you on. You should then know where you need to improve.

Good Luck
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    I haven't tried 291 a second time...yet. I am just getting back to reading now that my 2nd Edition MSPress book showed up.

Anyway, I have seen posts from people who took 2 exams within 1 week and they said the re-take was much, much harder than the first one. Does Microsoft keep track of names and scores so much that if you try a re-take too quickly that they make it harder for you? It's been over 2 months since I tried 291, but in that time, I started back to college and took (and passed) Network+. Now that my first term in college is over, I plan to study more on 291 and try it again at the end of July or middle of August. I need more work on the sims... icon_cry.gif
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    If you plan on taking advantage of MS's retake promotion without having to pay for the exam again, you better retake the exam by the 31st. Even if you feel you are not prepared by the 31st, it isn't going to cost you anything to try by the 31st. If you wait until August, you'll have to fork over $125.
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    I have, and I got perhaps a couple that were in the previous test.
    witty comment