paper based, can you review questions?

pappyTpappyT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
hopefully a simple question for those that have taken ISACA tests before. I know they are still paper-based for marking your answers... however, are you able to review questions if you get done early, or mark questions to come back to?

that was a humdinger on some other exams (say GIAC) that I've taken, was that you couldn't go back and change an answer, and you couldn't go back and re-read a question (I think you could mark up to 4 that you would leave unanswered that you could go back to. but there were constraints around that).

just wondering if on the CISM there's the opportunity to review/revisit questions, if you' have enough time.

thanks

Comments

• doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Absolutely! I had plenty of time for both the CISM and CISA exam to go back and review within the time given.
  • Experienced_and_TestedExperienced_and_Tested Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You can certainly go back through and review your answers and you can write in the exam booklet.

My method went like this: I placed a check mark on the one that I chose and filled in the dot on the answer sheet based on it. IF one of the other answers was a good possibility, but not the one I chose, I would put a slash or dash or something beside it. So for answers A-D, one would likely have a check-mark and another a dash. After finishing the test at about the 3:15 mark, I put the scantron to the side and took the test booklet and reread the questions and looked at the checked answer and if it was still a good choice I went to the next question. If it was questionable I would look at the other possible right answer to see if it could be correct. If I was not about 90% sure that my answer was wrong, I left it because your first hunch was probably the most accurate. Try hard to resist the urge to second guess your instinct. I probably changed a couple of answers on each of the CISA and CISM tests by this process. It must have worked because I finished in the top 10% for CISA and top 5% for CISM.

Good luck !icon_study.gif
  • pappyTpappyT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you both for the insight. couple days to go and getting a little nervous, even though I continue to edge up my scores on the Q&A db.... it seems the questions are starting to get more and more alike, and where I'm getting them incorrect now is not because I didn't know the answer, but because I'm getting sloppy as far as reading the entire question and all of the answers.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'll probably take a similar route as others have mentioned with marking questions I am not sure about and going back to review. However, I often do not change my original answer since I find second guessing myself proves more harmful than good.
  • mikeb617mikeb617 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to all who passed! I dont mean to interrupt your thread, but I was also looking to just get some last minute tips for the exam in 2 days. Is there anything specific one should be looking out for in the questions? Maybe key words or phrases? I have studied for weeks, but naturally I am still a little anxious. Any advice would help. Thank you.