Passed 98-366 and 98-367

CyantistCyantist Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
In April I made a thread about how I had failed the 98-366, so this time round was my resit, which I'm glad to say I aced with an 86!

In studying for this test I:
Read the Sybex book once and completed the questions in the book.

This is it. I didn't over rely on the measure-ups or anything of that nature, I'm really confident now that I over studied and went into the exam nervous. I went into this exam calm and collected and the results show considering I haven't done a great deal since my fail. A few of the same questions came up and I think my mood and approach to the exam was the difference as I excelled this time.

I later took the 98-367 Security Fundamentals and am glad to say I passed with an 80! I wish it was higher since I'd quite like to specialize, but I mainly took this just for kicks to see where my current standing was and I'm pleasantly surprised that I passed.

In studying for this test I:
Read the book twice and completed all questions.
Have a keen interest in Security and want to specialize in it I think.

I'm an apprentice and have alloted center time for being taught this by an instructor but haven't yet had it. I think the difference here was my new found approach to the exams, in terms of mentality and my keen interest, and I'm certain had I been taught the material I would have achieved even higher.

So what's next? Well likely the 98-365 Server admin fundamentals. It's the last mandatory exam for my apprenticeship and I'm excited to start studying ASAP for it, although the exam will be months away as I've heard this one is hard and don't want to underprepare or take it early.

Comments

• Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Great job. I'm writing the 98-366 this Thursday. I also have read the Sybex book and I have done all the questions in the book.

Was there much on subnetting? Goodluck with your journey!

Justin
  • CyantistCyantist Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Justin- wrote: »
    Great job. I'm writing the 98-366 this Thursday. I also have read the Sybex book and I have done all the questions in the book.

Was there much on subnetting? Goodluck with your journey!

Justin

ok, urm, there was certainly a few questions on it. One of them was a diagram and iirc the question was something along the lines of working out which PC's would be able to talk to each other, it either listed the cidr notation or the full subnet mask, and from there you'd identify /16 wouldn't communicate with computers on a /24 subnet.

Something similar also came up regarding class A/B/C ip's I think.
  • missjanayamissjanaya Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How long did it take you to read the book and get studying together.
  • MCP2000MCP2000 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For 98-367 I reviewed the CBT Nuggets videos and read the book. Within 2 weeks I passed the exam with a score of 87.
  • CyantistCyantist Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    missjanaya wrote: »
    How long did it take you to read the book and get studying together.

You can read the book in a couple of days, the questions are something like ten questions per chapter but they're good questions.

I typically spread out reading the book over a week or 2, maybe more probably a chapter a day-ish