Options

PASSED CCENT today - Another passed CCENT thread

89878468987846 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I spent two months self-study (2-3 hours per day), and i scored 867 today (the passing score was 804). Not a great score, but at least i passed for the first try, this will greatly encourage me in the future study.

I had absolutely no knowledge in Networking what-so-ever, (i'm fresh graduate with a bachelor's degree in Physics), besides knowing some programming, all i can do is to play around my home routers. I haven't seen a real router or switch until now, i will setup my lab when i pass CCNA.

Below are what i used to self-study:

1.Cisco press book by Odom
2.CCENT Study Guide by Lammle
3.CBT Nuggets ICND1 and CBT Nuggets Exam Walkthrough
4.Boson EX-Sim MAX (The $89 exam simulator, pretty expensive for me, but very very useful)
5.Boson Lab Simulator
6.CertExam CCENT exam simulator (only $29 you get 4 exams, it worths but worse than boson, because it has too many memorization style questions, but other than that it is fine)

So i started by reading odom's book and watching CBT nuggets, after that i watched CBT exam walkthrough and i felt that i will 100% fail the exam. Then i stated to read Lammle's book, and i felt much better. I also did all the labs in the boson simulator since this is a must. I bought Boson exsim-max a week before the actual exam and i quickly lost my confident but then i saw lots of people saying that the boson exam is way harder than the actual exam, so i carefully went through each question and did the exams for 3 times at different days until i can get 90%+ for every time.

I don't know if i can talk about this: the cisco ccent exam is based on your knowledge, but not memorization stuff.
This will make the exam more valuable than the others, and this is also perfect for me because i don't like memorization.
There were tons of subnetting questions, which i have mastered and only took me couple seconds each.
My advice is to follow the time tightly because you are not familiar with the exam wording and interface. I ended up only 4 mins left.

Good luck guys! Now i'm heading for CCNA.
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass icon_thumright.gif

Good luck on CCNA!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Good luck on CCNA.
  • Options
    Kenneth196Kenneth196 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    "Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks." - Unknown
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job!
    Subnetting quickly was key for me also.
    I think I ended with 7 minutes left so it's definitely worth keeping an eye on the clock.
  • Options
    Zohaib85Zohaib85 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!
    I passed yesterday with 3 months self study scored 986 very happy about it.
    whats your next step?
    Im thinking for ccna security?
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    I was thinking to get CCNA, but once i saw job listings on Monster i quickly decided to go A+ first and then do the CCNA.
    CCNA can not get me a job immediately, those companies require CCNA + __years of experience in IT, but never only just CCNA itself.
    I think most people would have to start as desktop analyst as their first job and move on, therefore A+ is a must for me.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    8987846 wrote: »
    I was thinking to get CCNA, but once i saw job listings on Monster i quickly decided to go A+ first and then do the CCNA.
    CCNA can not get me a job immediately, those companies require CCNA + __years of experience in IT, but never only just CCNA itself.
    I think most people would have to start as desktop analyst as their first job and move on, therefore A+ is a must for me.

Sounds like a solid plan. But your Cisco knowledge will be useful in the right job plus a willingness to learn.
  • Options
    MrPuzzlezMrPuzzlez Member Posts: 89 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the 1st try. Working on my 3rd. Missed it by 3 points last time.
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! You had a great studying pattern icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    LinuxNerdLinuxNerd Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Kenneth196Kenneth196 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job! Hope to get my CCNA soon. Good luck in any and all future testing.
    "Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks." - Unknown
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You will do even better on IND2
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs