Options

Is it unauthorized to use MS course training material to study for an Microsoft Exam.

EspiOneEspiOne Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, san-serif]Basically, in my search for Books on a microsoft exam, I found a PDF on the exam I am planning to take. I downloaded the PDF and then reviewed it and found it to be the Training handbook for the exam. I have taken two Microsoft courses in the pass and received similar PDFs. I know with out the specific labs, you really can not get full use of the material, but gives you a better guidance. [/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    Anyone??

So can we consider this as any other course material, such as Microsoft Press Training Book or Sybex? I am only concerned that this may be consider it on the same level of braindumps, therefore violating any MS Exam Policy.
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So is this a PDF reviewing the topics of the exam or a PDF about (or of) the exam itself?
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It's not quite the same thing as a braindump, since it's the MS Press training material and not the actual question and answers. However, because you're finding the material randomly online instead of paying for it, it falls into the same category as downloading music, movies, or any other book. It's not cheating, as far as the exam is concerned, but it falls into other legal-waters in terms of intellectual property laws.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    It is an actual Training Handbook from a Microsoft Training Course, (ie 20XXXA/B-ENU-Companion.pdf) (OFFICIAL MICROSOFT LEARNING PRODUCT) Basically goes over labs and VMs within the training course, you would need the VMs to do the lab works, but my lab set is all VMs. As I have had it for awhile now, I have began to read it. Sorry, but I hope I am not in violation of any MS Exam Policies.

I have looked up this course online and found it to be a 5 day course from any Microsoft Training Provider.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    EspiOne wrote: »
    It is an actual Training Handbook from a Microsoft Training Course, (ie 20XXXA/B-ENU-Companion.pdf) (OFFICIAL MICROSOFT LEARNING PRODUCT) Basically goes over labs and VMs within the training course, you would need the VMs to do the lab works, but my lab set is all VMs. As I have had it for awhile now, I have began to read it. Sorry, but I hope I am not in violation of any MS Exam Policies.

I have looked up this course online and found it to be a 5 day course from any Microsoft Training Provider.

I think what you found is the lab manual that goes along with the MOAC:

https://moac.microsoftlabsonline.com/Account/LogOn?returnUrl=%2fMyAccount

Nothing more than another book. Not a ****. The license that goes with the new version of the book is why its so expensive because it grants you 6 months of access to the MOAC servers.

A lot of schools use these books for courses as well.

Like Slowhand mentioned though, pirated versions fall into other legal waters...
  • Options
    Well, that is good to know, I mean, I realize that I probably obtained a book (PDF) and technically, I should have paid for it, but I am glad that I am not violating in MS Exam Policy, I got way too far in my Certifications to get it taken all away.

I knew it looked familiar, as I have taken two Microsoft Courses with NEW HORIZONS.

Thanks for your input on this.