os questions

ejay511ejay511 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
has anyone recently taking the OS exam and if so are they similar to the practice questions?...thanks

And when you say new question?..does that mean the current set of questions are about to change. im new to the process

Comments

• sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think it depends on what practice questions you use-

I just took the test - I used:

Meyers all in one book
    Preplogic
    Transcenders
    free-tests.com

I also have experience working in the field...

That was good for me -

Info on new tests-

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14980

Good luck!
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    ejay511 wrote:
    has anyone recently taking the OS exam and if so are they similar to the practice questions?...thanks

And when you say new question?..does that mean the current set of questions are about to change. im new to the process

It's been years since I've taken my exam, but are the questions similar to practice questions? Well, good practice questions should quiz be based on the objectives and quiz your knowledge of the subject in such a way that you do not become programed to merely answer, but truely understand the material.

Example:
    A pencil can be constructed of wood? True or False
    or
    Wood can be a component of a pencil? True or False
    or
    The following can be used in the making of a pencil?
    - Wood
    - Plastic
    - Aluminum
    - None of the above

Now are the questions changing? One would hope that the questions are purged and updated during a partcular exam edition, but there is no way to know that to be true. As the new objectives role out and become the new exam criteria, I'd be pretty certain that there will be 'new' questions as the objectives have been updated and some material retired.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • rosant1rosant1 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i took it yesterday and the answer to your question is yes and no. Sorry. I had An F8 key question that was word for word the same and then i had a question about an ip port that i had to look at the answers to figure out what was being asked. I think that certian thing can be asked only one way where as other stuff can be reversed.

ie you want to know the color of the sky. what is the color of the sky?
    ie you want to know the temp outside. is it hot? is cold out? what is it like out? and so forth.

My long point is dont worry about knowing the wording of the questions know the material and topics and you'll be fine no matter how they ask it. Good luck :D
  • jetdynamicsjetdynamics Member Posts: 129
    Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:19 am Post subject:

i took it yesterday

rosant1

got a questions for you when you took the exam is it 100 questions that you got?[/code]
  • FlangebenderFlangebender Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the OS exam today and had a broad spread of questions from 95 to xp with the majority on 2000/NT 4.0. I expected more on XP and hence only got 604. The spread of questions is unpredictable, other members of my class had very different questions. The bottom line is you need knowledge of all os's from 95 on. I even had a question on win.ini from 3.11.
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think there would be windows 3.11 or 95 questions on the exam. Windows 3.11 and windows 95 are no longer in general use. Windows 98,2000 and XP are in general use. I run into more Windows 98 and Windiows ME machines then I do Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
    My point is you should not waste time studying windows 95 or windows 3.11
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino