Options

Does performance-based questions count towards your actual score?

timesvan32timesvan32 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
The title explains it all. I was wondering if performance based questions counts towards the actual score. I have not faced any performance question yet since I took the 701 and 702 A+ and SYO-301 Sec+.

Comments

• Options
    jesscole76jesscole76 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ive heard mixed results on this, I swear I bombed the A+802 ,, but I still scored over 750

taking the Net+ on wed, so we shall see
  • Options
    jobes23jobes23 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I really don't know the answer to your question, but I can tell you that they do tell you if you get one of them wrong though(it is at the bottom of the printout hey give you). I took the test and passed yesterday.
    Course Taking: Start 9/1
    Courses Done: BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, C172, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1
    Courses Left: C182, EUP1, EUC1, C173, C169, TJC1, TJP1, C175, C170, TYP1, TYC1, CJC1, C191, C178, C176, CLC1, C179, EDV1, BNC1, C195, UBC1, C278, EAV1, EBV1
  • Options
    GLaDOS11GLaDOS11 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Where did you get the idea that they DIDN'T count?

I guess I can't say I'm 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain that these do count towards your actual score. In fact, I'd bet that they count way more towards your score than any of the multiple choice. Why would they put them on the exam if they didn't count towards your score?
  • Options
    RaisinRaisin Member Posts: 136
    I'm of the opinion that they are either not factored in to your final score or they don't carry that much weight. I know for sure I bombed the performance questions since I left half of them unanswered and wasn't feeling too good about the ones I did complete. I still passed by a very comfortable margin.

My guess is that Comptia is still collecting real world data on the performance portion of the test and won't start counting them until the next version of the test is released. They don't want to tell us this because they need people to take the performance portion seriously so they can get good data.