Options

Just passed N+ Prep for CCNA....

ColiptoColipto Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all, just passed my Network + today with a score of 836 ( not sure how good that is ) But i would like to start studying for my CCNA and i was wondering if anyone had any tips on what kind of study material i should be looking at.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass. There are plenty of CCNA study material on YouTube that you can watch to get you started.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    ColiptoColipto Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just wondering if you bought any equipment to study for the exam? My current job already has me working with Cisco, and HP switches
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just used Packet Tracer. Don't really need actual equipment unless you want to. I had used some Cisco equipment a few years previously and figured that as long as I could set up a small network and had an interface for the command line to practice, I'd be fine without spending money on the equipment.

For study materials, I'd recommend the Sybex Todd Lammle Study Guide. It's great and the labs are helpful for the exam.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    if u were gonna buy real lab equipments for practice, then try going for couple 2801 routers, couple 3560 switches & one layer 2 switch.......that will cover ur ccnp as well.....good luck
  • Options
    jesscole76jesscole76 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    any idea the cost of all that