Options

are exam cram books good??

frankiemiltonfrankiemilton Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Not just for network+, but for other comptia certs as well.

Comments

• Options
    techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i think so, i have used the exam cram books for comptia exams and the "**** sheet" they provide is an excellent resource, giving you a very nice overview of all the objectives, with a small summary of each section, and explanation along with "highlighted" details of each section.
    "Never give up" ~ Winston Churchill
  • Options
    ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    I found it really helpful on the A+, but for Network+, used nothing but Professer Messer videos and did just fine.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Not just for network+, but for other comptia certs as well.

Good is relative.

They are just fine if you need a review text. If you need to learn the material, it could be a starting point, but not ideal as a complete reference text (hence the title "cram").

So, will this be a good text for you or not? depends on your current level of knowledge.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    frankiemiltonfrankiemilton Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For someone who is just starting out and has no knowledge, how are those books? Would you recommend some other books?
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Mike Myers book is a great resource. Although, I will personally be using the exam cram book as I have some experience now in the networking side of things.

Goodluck with studies my friend!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    [@=frankiemilton

Again, it depends.

Go to a bookstore and you will likely see a copy on the shelve. It's a good text for review. You may find it helpful as a starting point. Meyers and Sybex are larger texts and packed full of information. Though nothing beats getting some experience and that may include setting up a lab for yourself to practice or at least get a real feel for the materials that are being described.

The books do not cost that much. Buy a copy if you'd like. It is not as though it will be a bad investment...you are investing in yourself.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed using on the Network+ Exam cram book.
    Title: Sr. Systems Designer
    Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
    Certifications: CISSP, PSP, Network+, Security+, CySA+, OSWP
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Exam Cram is the shorter, concise review text. The Exam Guide series is the overall, bigger text that covers more.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna