The beast hath been slain

I went. I saw. I sweated for about two hours and clicked to discover a pass of 828.

Test was an 8.5 on a scale of 10.

Studied with MS press for 3.5 months.
Every man dies, not every man really lives.

Comments

• Ricardo1Ricardo1 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats for the pass.

What a score!!! :D

If you won't mind man, the Ms Press you use was the First Edition or the Second Edition release early this year?

Thanks.
    “Be generous without thought of reward”.
    “It takes two to see both sides of a Problem”.
  • 12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    Thanks, I used the MS 1st edition. This book covers everything, I used MS for all three test and have been pleased. In reality there are too many details in the book to know them all. I would imagine the 2nd edition just improves upon the 1st.

Man, they should do away with SUS already, got two questions on it. Go ahead and move the test questions to WSUS.
  • jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    Did you have the standard sims? DNS, DHCP, RRAS?

I had 3 or 4 when I failed a few months ago, but I'm cracking 2nd Edition now and going to try again before September 30th.
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
    yeah, i had about four on SUS, and DNS. i think two for each. dude, i hate how M$ words their questions, i don't think i was 100% sure on any question (well ok maybe a couple). it felt like i was trying to choose the most correct answer. good luck to you guys. with time, and preparation it can be done.
  • SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Well Done :D

I agree
    Man, they should do away with SUS already, got two questions on it. Go ahead and move the test questions to WSUS

Its frustrating having to study for something that is out of date.
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Ricardo1Ricardo1 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank for the clarification brennonbladin.

I don't understand why guys are just condeming all the Books for the 70-291 exams. Maybe some don't actually take time to read with understanding, from page one to the end.

I'll want to believe this exam is not as difficult as people keep saying.
    “Be generous without thought of reward”.
    “It takes two to see both sides of a Problem”.
    Exactly, like I said I have used the MS books exclusively and the books have fully prepared me for the tests. The book on 291 simply had too much information and I was not able to absorb all of it and if anyone could they would ace the test. Everyone has their opinions, but why buy three or four study products when one works well? (be it Sybex or MS) icon_eek.gif