Please help me, a virus, worm, or something has locked me out of my computer

teresa1517teresa1517 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
It's a windows 8 and the only option I can think of is to reinstall the operating system.
I can't find it online and I am running out of time.
Please anybody?

I figured out how to reinstall, but it says " Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing."

Comments

• jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you get an error message or anything? What's the screen look like at the furthest point you can boot to?
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    A bit more information would be helpful. Is your computer part of a domain or is it stand alone? Did you unwisely use the microsoft login? If you used the microsoft login service and your password was hacked there you will have to regain it to regain access.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • teresa1517teresa1517 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the last week or so there would be a pop up for advertising. I didn't use it yesterday, but today it wouldn't connect to the internet.
    I was going to do a system restore but I can't. I get to the desktop and thats it.
    there is a log in at the very beginning I use the same one every time. I have norton 360 on both laptops.
    Windows Security Center is turned of and wont turn on.
    It is also saying I need to reinstall Intel Bluetooth Wireless High Speed with this verson
    View message details: The problem report for this solution has been deleted or changed on this computer and is no longer available.
  • ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you have a Hirens boot disk that you can boot to and use the utilities to clean the drive of malware.
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

no I don't, but have access to another computer. Is this something I can copy on to a thumb drive?
  • devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you're running Norton 360, the Windows Security Center is turned off by default (Norton takes over).

Also sounds like you have a driver that needs updated/installed.

So the problem is that you can't connect to the internet?
  • xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You probably have your proxy server settings changed by malware
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Had you trying booting into recovery mode and revert back to the last known good snapshot?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Wait, didn't you have some other malware issue a couple of months ago?
  • W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If this isn't something you can fix on your own then you're probably better off taking it to a professional. I know everyone on this forum wants to be helpful but troubleshooting somebody else's computer issues is difficult enough sitting right at the computer vs trying to give suggestions over an online forum. It will probably leave you frustrated at best and without a working computer at worst. We may or may not even know what your real issue is right now.

Edit: 666 posts. I should just make this my last post ever.
  • LinuxNerdLinuxNerd Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't want to come off as being rude but I would recommend if you can use another computer to download a Linux ISO, Pendrive and switch to Linux.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    This virus infected a number of our desktop computer's a few weeks ago. The virus literally prevents all applications from even launching, ie anti-virus, windows login services, windows network stack.

The only viable option is to yank the hard drive, and hooked it up to a external sata 2.5/3.5 adapter and run the drive as an external drive on a different computer and run a virus scan of that drive. I used Avira Anti-virus and it found the virus in about 10 minutes and purged it since the virus only works in memory.

Once the scan was done just place the drive back into the computer and boot; if possible get anti-virus and be more intelligent with not clicking on pop-ups ie stop using internet explorer and use Firefox which has a few great pop-up blocking addon's that prevent this stuff from happening.

Best of luck to you!
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Wait, didn't you have some other malware issue a couple of months ago?

http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/99366-my-computer-being-hacked.html#post839824

yeah........