Options

Taking Today- Advice ?

jesscole76jesscole76 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well the time is here. Leaving in 1 hour. I had the same nerves when I took both A+ test. Passed both fine,
even though I swore I bombed the 802. Read Myers book, Messer, and tons of practice test.

Any advice? My nerves are with performance test, and IP questions

Comments

• Options
    DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    jesscole76 wrote: »
    Well the time is here. Leaving in 1 hour. I had the same nerves when I took both A+ test. Passed both fine,
    even though I swore I bombed the 802. Read Myers book, Messer, and tons of practice test.

Any advice? My nerves are with performance test, and IP questions
    Just take your time and read each question carefully, I remember after going through many exams, some questions ask for 2 chooses. Be very alert
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+
  • Options
    timesvan32timesvan32 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How did it go? What resources did you use? I am taking mine this coming Monday.
  • Options
    jaywalkerjaywalker Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Had I seen this earlier, I would've suggested flagging the performance questions for last. Hope it went well.
    Goals for 2015: ICND1 [], ICND2 []

..........:cheers:
    A winner is you
  • Options
    Oh Heck YA :) .. I passed, but my nerves where shot. 10 Performance questions and none where anything I saw. They where all basically wireless breakdowns, wiring schemes (which I bombed, no idea what they wanted). The best advise to give is skip them, and flag. do them at the end.
    I did the first 3 and took almost 30min, that's when I realized I needed to move on.

Not much on IP addressing, maybe 3 questions. A ton on cables, the 801.11 etc.. about 5 on setting on a network, I think those where easy.
    a few on Best Practice, A good 8-10 on network layers, all easy multiple choose. they where not on the performance.
    The Port questions where so easy. I was wishing they where on performance. So basic.

Cheers
  • Options
    DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    Oh Heck YA :) .. I passed, but my nerves where shot. 10 Performance questions and none where anything I saw. They where all basically wireless breakdowns, wiring schemes (which I bombed, no idea what they wanted). The best advise to give is skip them, and flag. do them at the end.
    I did the first 3 and took almost 30min, that's when I realized I needed to move on.

Not much on IP addressing, maybe 3 questions. A ton on cables, the 801.11 etc.. about 5 on setting on a network, I think those where easy.
    a few on Best Practice, A good 8-10 on network layers, all easy multiple choose. they where not on the performance.
    The Port questions where so easy. I was wishing they where on performance. So basic.

Cheers
    Congrats, what's next?
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+
  • Options
    A Job :) no series, I was laid off as a level2 tech analyst with express scripts in april after 10 years.
    I had my original A+ 15 years ago, I got re-certified again, and wanted the NET+ to go with it. im afraid I aint gonna make my previous salary.

Need to see where I end up first. leaning towards ccna, I have my sec+ material. just feel burned
  • Options
    illuminusilluminus Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job and good luck on the job hunt!
  • Options
    timesvan32timesvan32 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats buddy! Good luck on your future endeavors!
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Way to go bud! Good luck on your job hunt! I'm taking the Network+ next month so I'm hoping for a pass as well.

Have a good one and celebrate the pass!

Justin
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A Job :) no series, I was laid off as a level2 tech analyst with express scripts in april after 10 years.
    I had my original A+ 15 years ago, I got re-certified again, and wanted the NET+ to go with it. im afraid I aint gonna make my previous salary.

Need to see where I end up first. leaning towards ccna, I have my sec+ material. just feel burned

Your moving in the right direction. Just stay focused. It could be hard with so many other problems on you plate but find your opportunity and when you do take advantage of it!

Good Luck!