Options

PIX VPN

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
I think I asked this question about a year ago. Has anyone setup a VPN to VPN which allows a remote user to remote into the home office and view nodes on the other end of the VPN? I was told I can do it and I was told I cannot.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What do you mean "the other end"? Are you talking about a client with the cisco VPN software installed, and he launches the VPN that connects to a home office? Then depending on the access rules set up on the PIX he should be able to see servers or whatever at the home office.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    garv221 wrote:
    I think I asked this question about a year ago. Has anyone setup a VPN to VPN which allows a remote user to remote into the home office and view nodes on the other end of the VPN? I was told I can do it and I was told I cannot.
    Are you talking about a site-to-site VPN using PIX as the endpoints? If so, your question is very vague. If that's what you're talking about, go here and type in "site to site VPN PIX" in the search box:

www.cisco.com
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think what he means is:

I'm at home and I connect to the office via VPN. The office is connected to another office through a site-to-site VPN. Can I connect to the nodes at the other office?

Hey, I would think you could do this, but then again I have no experience configuring PIX Firewalls.