Passed CCNP ROUTE today!!

CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
This exam was much more difficult than I had anticipated and literally the first question blew me a way haha. I think I stared at the configuration for a good minute or two before I chose my answer. Passed with a score of 815 but with how difficult it was I'll take that. Exam is not for the faint of heart and you definitely need to know all of the material. About a week ago I decided to read the FLG... I was shocked to see how much stuff the OCG did not cover and a good majority of it was on the exam. It's been a good 2 years since I took any exam (cert or school-wise) and I finished with 44 seconds on the clock. Had some proctor issues that did not help things either. The guy who signed me in was late and my computer had to be rebooted since the application software crashed. On to switch now. Taking route has put things into perspective and I know how much more effort I'll put into switch. If I had more time the score would have been better. I was forced to hustle haha.

PARTY TIME!!!
Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens

Comments

• Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I take it this was your first attempt at it? That's pretty impressive if so.

I can vouche Route is HARD. I struggled a bit with it but in the end am very satisfied to have the pass as well.

Good luck with your future studies!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    Congratulations!
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks! And yup, this was my first attempt at this exam. I didn't even really have any practice exams to gauge myself against while studying either which really made me nervous because I didn't know where I stood.
  • AhmailAhmail Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! it must feel great to pass such a challanging exam
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    Thanks! And yup, this was my first attempt at this exam. I didn't even really have any practice exams to gauge myself against while studying either which really made me nervous because I didn't know where I stood.

Wow! Thats impressive! I had to take mine 4 times icon_sad.gif Sadly I was witin 15 pts of passing twice!

Great job though and hopefully switch goes just as smoothly!
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats, going on 2 weeks of a break.. need to get my Switch on now as well.. enjoy a little time man cause it's exhausting!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!! Good luck with switch! Go enjoy some adult beverages :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    Wow! Thats impressive! I had to take mine 4 times icon_sad.gif Sadly I was witin 15 pts of passing twice!

Great job though and hopefully switch goes just as smoothly!
    Well part of that has to do with the fact that I do work with routing a lot on the job. The experience I have gained fell inline with some of the exam questions.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass! What would you recommend on what books and videos to use? I just passed CCNP Switch at Cisco Live and have not found the motivation to dig into route yet. The NP exams really seem to take it out of you.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz on the pass!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    Well part of that has to do with the fact that I do work with routing a lot on the job. The experience I have gained fell inline with some of the exam questions.

That always helps! I feel my job currently is centered strongly more on switching than routing, so routing was extrmely tough for me. Yet I learned it and passed the test!
    Hondabuff wrote: »
    Congrats on the Pass! What would you recommend on what books and videos to use? I just passed CCNP Switch at Cisco Live and have not found the motivation to dig into route yet. The NP exams really seem to take it out of you.
    Honestly there was a **** ton of material NOT covered in the OCG. I'd honestly use the FLG and CBT nuggets (if possible) combined with labbing to pass this exam.