Security Analyst Course and Certification Path

Novice-mutantNovice-mutant Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I want to become a Security Analyst. As of now I am Service Desk Analyst.

I would like to know what would be the Course path for this{not directly going for security analyst}. I would like to gain more knowledge on the basics. Currently, I have no certifications under my belt.

I like programming, good at Javascript and Pytho
n. Any other languages you recommend..... :)

Comments

• MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What type of security are you wanting to get into?

Get a good understanding of how networks work, thorough understanding of the OSI/TCP-IP models and dataflow throughout and Linux.

From there, with your experience in programming, I think you'd be okay to move on to Security+/SSCP and to eCPPT/OSCP. You'd eventually want to get a CISSP for the recognition on a resume.
  • LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    GCIA is a security analyst course, not easy. GCIH is quite difficult for entry as well, to build towards there. SEC+, CEH, GCIH, GCIA.
  • Novice-mutantNovice-mutant Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gifHi OM,

I'm looking forward for Network Security. My order plan is :: net+, Sec+, linux+, CEH. What all would you suggest .:)
  • Novice-mutantNovice-mutant Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Lionel. This is truly helpfulicon_thumright.gif
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    icon_cheers.gifHi OM,

I'm looking forward for Network Security. My order plan is :: net+, Sec+, linux+, CEH. What all would you suggest .:)

In your first post you mention being a security analyst and that you like programming but in your last post you mention network security. If you want to specialize in network security then I would recommend: CCENT > CCNA > CCNA Security. Then you could throw in the CEH to have a good basic understanding of some of the attacks.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework