Compare iNet+ to other exams

endersftdendersftd Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
I apologize if this is common knowledge or if the answers are somewhere buried in this forum.

Could someone give their opinion on the difficulty level of the iNet+ exam compared to the A+/Net+/Sec+? For me, the hardest of those three was Sec+, but any comparison to any of those will give me an idea of what to expect.

Thank you all!
"We will rule over all this land, and we will call it...'This Land.'"

Comments

• Claud MurdockClaud Murdock Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey man, I know it may seem hard to memorize all this stuff, and on the test they blindside you a lil bit with alot of business and e-comm. Q's, but remember that what they say really is true that it is the easiest cert out there man, I **** my pants thinking I would fail, but when I got in and sat, I was like, wow this IS easy. Just study, study, study like for any test.

One more thing: (Not to be harsh) But if you cannot pass this test on the first run, and you studied, then you need to seriously think about re-adjusting your study habits, because if you cannot pass this test, then there is no hope for any others. It isn't what you know, it's what they want you to know.

THE BEST TIP THAT I MISTAKENLY FOLLOW: do NOT EVER do anything but trust your first instinct, if you overthink, and over analys what the question is asking, you'll **** yourself and the $$$ money it took to sit for the test. Go with what you know. I passed this in 13 minutes...

Experience is the most important forumla in ANY part of the job equation, NOT certs. they mean almost less than nothing to people UNLESS the job requires it, if they don't mention it in the job post at all, then it wont help you at the job.

Good luck, I'll pray for you my friend!

:D
  • endersftdendersftd Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks.

I didn't think that this one would be too awfully hard. I mean, it's CompTIA. I was just curious how it compared to others that I'm familiar with. I'm sure that the fact I have a degree in the business field shouldn't hurt. ;) Studying's not a problem for me.

I appreciate your response. :)
  • OpenSourceOpenSource Member Posts: 135
    My breakdown of the i-Net exam in regards to your question:

-> There is some similar A+ knowledge needed (Basic computer hardware)...

-> There is some similar Network+ knowledge needed (Basic computer networking)...

-> There is some security knowledge, but I wouldn't really compare it to Security+, more along the lines of Network+ like security.

-> There is also some legal and business knowledge needed, so I'm sure that degree of yours will come in handy.

Hope that helps. I suggest buying a book (or just look through a book) and download the objectives. You could also do a little research online on the actual exam and compare it yourself.

- Joey
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From some practive exams I have seen, it also appears to be the easiest CompTIA exam. One area I would add to the above post is some very basic HTML knowledge, such as what kind of content goes where (ie - head tags/body tags) and maybe what the <A HREF=> and mailto: are used for in a web page. I have seen a few practice tests with these kinds of questions.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • oldbarneyoldbarney Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    iNet+ was the easiest IT exam for me to date. I sat for the test after less than 6 hours of study. In fact, I took iNet+ 1.5 years before taking Network+.
  • OpenSourceOpenSource Member Posts: 135
    sprkymrk wrote:
    From some practive exams I have seen, it also appears to be the easiest CompTIA exam. One area I would add to the above post is some very basic HTML knowledge, such as what kind of content goes where (ie - head tags/body tags) and maybe what the <A HREF=> and mailto: are used for in a web page. I have seen a few practice tests with these kinds of questions.

Indeed, you need basic knowledge of web based programming, in particular HTML/XHTML and the like. That is something I have not yet come across in other CompTIA exams however...

- Joey
  • endersftdendersftd Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ahh, thankyou very much everyone! These posts put the iNet+ in a better perspective to me. :)

I'm basically considering if iNet+ is worth the trouble to get. Where I work right now, iNet+ is not a needed certification (actually, they didn't request any certifications). However, I was thinking about picking this one up anyway so I can have it as career-building material for future employment, especially if it's one I can get out of the way with relatively less effort than A+/Net+/Sec+.

Granted, I'm not planning on just going in blind - I still plan on getting a good study book and using online resources. But knowing how it is compared to the certifications I'm familiar with will help me figure out how much of the iNet+ I already know and how much would be involved in preparing for it before I begin.

As always, thanks to all. :) I always appreciate the opinions of the TechExams forum users.[/i]