PASSED 801 Today!

MCB305MCB305 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I sort of lied my way into a new job, and I got the job! It starts in 2 weeks and I need my A+. I used professor Messer videos and a few practice test. I crammed for 2 days and passed. I have toe 802 next Tue so I'm off to cram for that one!!

Comments

• Super587Super587 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I take the 801 in a few weeks myself. What areas should I focus on the most IYO? Any input would be appreciated.
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Professor Messer is a good visual resource. Congratulations on the pass icon_thumright.gif Was having an A+ certification one of the requirements of the job that you said you already had?
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • MCB305MCB305 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It was not listed on the application as a requirement, but they asked me if I had it the first interview of 3. So once I said I had it, did not have a choice but to keep saying I did, until I can actually produce it.
  • ewright27ewright27 Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I just passed 801 and 802 this week. In my opinion, 802 was more difficult, so good luck...
  • kevinsmith5kevinsmith5 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    While I was taking it the 802 seemed more difficult to me....but I got a higher score on it than on the 801 so I guess maybe it wasn't as hard as I thought. The simulations were rough at points because of some frustration with it deslecting fields I was typing in so that may have added to the frustration and stress.
  • MCB305MCB305 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have heard from multiple people that 802 was more difficult! I have given myself 3 full days to study and take the test, so lets see!
  • ewright27ewright27 Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are IRQs still on the exam objectives?

I'm not sure what I can or can't tell you, but let me just say; I've seen multiple complaints about the A+ exams being ridiculously outdated, which seems to be one of the main reasons experienced IT people call them "a joke". That was NOT my experience at all. CompTIA apparently updated them to 21st century standards when they shifted from life-time to CE.

I didn't use Professor Messer for A+, just the Meyers' AIO book.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass and landing a new job, that's awesome news.

Wish you all the best going forward!!! icon_thumright.gif
  • AgehaniAgehani Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Where can I find the practice questions that can help to pass the 801 version?
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    @Agehani

Make certain you have a current copy of the objectives and go over those items...anything you are not familiar with, begin studying those items first. Good luck.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • AgehaniAgehani Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The current set of objectives i have is the one from the comptia.org website. Are those the current set of objectives?

Thanks,