Passed CCNA:R&S Exam!

mfrat1114mfrat1114 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed ICND1 last month and got ICND2 done earlier today. The exam was actually very tricky. I studied a LOT for this exam and still did not pass by much... I'll just say to pay attention to the simulations and take in every detail. A lot of practice with troubleshooting various different issues will go a long way.

Resources:
- Lammle's book
- CramExam book
- Wendell Odom's book
- Boson NetSim
- Pearson Exam Engine (came with Odom's book)

Comments

• The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    Congratulations! Wow, you're quick... ICND2 after only a month of passing ICND1? Excellent!

I'm studying for my ICND2 right now. I'm taking it a bit slower than you, due to work obligations.
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job!

I'm hoping to test in a month. Not ready yet but if I cram I should get there. Life seems to get in the way of all our little goals lol.
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif what do you intend to do next?
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Reading these pass posts makes me think I'm always over-studying for these exams.... I've read 4 books so far and just bought Odom book in hardcover since I wanted the DVD.

Heck I bought the book for the VCA-DCV exam I ended up skimming through it like yup, simple, wow they made a book from this stuff, wow install esxi 5.1 on a PC and skip this book thoughts filtered throughout my mind... WM and Cloud we're equally as easy too! - I've just mentally passed them in my brain...

It's a good thing I like reading but I'm not sure if it's just overkill, lol!
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats...good hunting
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • mfrat1114mfrat1114 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Doyen wrote: »
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif what do you intend to do next?

For the decent-level certs, I've gotten

Security+ in March
    Network+ in April
    CCENT in May
    CCNA in June

Next -- I intended to go for CEH but after reading the site, they require you to take official training to take the exam unless you have 2 years of experience... I have a bout a year of direct experience so looks like I've been flying through the AIO book for no reason now...
  • mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Deathmage wrote: »
    Reading these pass posts makes me think I'm always over-studying for these exams.... I've read 4 books so far and just bought Odom book in hardcover since I wanted the DVD.
    Over-studying for a certification does not really hurt you if you consider the alternative of hardly studying and taking it. The only thing that you are losing is time that you invested. However, you are enforcing the material to memory by choosing to do so. Being exposed to different source materials may cause certain concepts to be understood better than from a sole source. My typical certification study pattern is usually 2 different books and at least 2 video sources. I view taking the actually exam as just a formality to receiving the certification because you are going in with plenty of knowledge to validate that claim.

So Deathmage, I don't see anything wrong with over-studying for anything. Depending on how you learn and how others learn, I can understand that reading such posts can be motivational for some while demoralizing to other members. It took me a year to gain my CCNA: R&S, while I watched my peers gain theirs within 3-6 months. All that actually matters is how you personally teach yourself to comprehend the material and that you do eventually get the certification that you are studying for. It shouldn't really matter how long it takes you to do so. Certifications are not inexpensive, so why waste your hard earned funds taking an exam with uncertainty? I enjoy reading your posts; so when I see you post your achievement, it would be my pleasure to congratulate you as well!

Blood, sweat, tears, and (of course) lack of sleep. Let's also toss in "lack of a social life". I seem to give others around me the impression of being the geek that avoids leaving his labbing den.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.