Need CISSP Exam guidance

subbudharnasisubbudharnasi Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

Iam going to give CISSP exam on 28/06/2014, Saturday. I solicit valuable comments/guidance for final exam.

My study plan:

Material Used:
1. CBK 3rd Ed. (studied once)
2. Shon Harris AIO 6th Ed. (studied once)
3. Eric Conrad study guide (my primary study material)
4. Eric Conrad - 11th Hr (for quick reference)
5. CISSP in 21 Days by ML Srinivasan
Exam Practice:
1. Total Tester (practiced all questions)
2. McGraw Hill website online quizs
3. Questions from CBK/AIO/Eric Conrad/21 days book

Altogether I might have practiced more than 4000 qs. I got average of 75% in my practice tests. Recently I took SIMPLELEARN's two online full length practice test and got 166/250 and 174/250 respectively. I have not attended any bootcamp/training for CISSP.

My strategy for next three days is:
1. Study Eric Conrad 11th Hr completely,
2. Review CBK/AIO/Eric Conrad 2nd Ed for important points.

I am nervous about my exam, requesting for guidance/suggestions from you all.

Thanks
Subba Rao,
Mumbai.

Comments

• ErinkimaErinkima Banned Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How is your exam result. Think you will pass the exam
  • subbudharnasisubbudharnasi Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes Erinkima, You are right. Today I passed CISSP exam. Just came back to home and relaxing.

It is a great experience. I could complete 1st pass in 4hr and 30 mins. Checked the marked questions later. It is a mix of technical and managerial concepts.

Its the for starting endorsement process.

Thanks to everybody who is participating in these forums.

Subba Rao,
    CCNP(R&S),PMP
    Mumbai, India
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job! Glad you passed!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • rocco920rocco920 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm currently scheduled to take the exam July 17th. I have mostly a Windows/Infrastructure with some light networking experience. Recently I've been dealing with Corporate security policies and initiative as well as Disaster Recovery. To prepare, I've been working with the following:

- 5 day CISSP Prep Class
    - All In One CISSP Study Guide 6th Edition by Shon Harris w/ Practice Questions (70-80% score)
    - Eleventh Hour CISSP: Study Guide 2nd Edition by Eric Conrad
    - CISSP for Dummies 4th Edition w/ Practice Questions (70-80% score)
    - Transcender CISSP Practice Exam Questions (70-80% score)
    - CyberSecStudy Podcast

Is this a good mix of prep material or is there anything better that anyone here can recommend? I know that there is a slew of material out there, but wanted to get a gauge for my prep strategy.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd recommend the Sybex study guide for CISSP.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna