Internet Cafe

missjanayamissjanaya Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Have you ever used an internet cafe? If so what was your experience? What did you like not like? Would you use one if you haven't?

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I worked at one back in the day. Does that count?
  • yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Old CS days.. xD
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Yes I have...in 1997. Good old days!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 140
    I still use them every now and then when I'm on the road and need to scan or print something.
    Many of them usually have a decent broadband connection when you need to sync your holiday photos and don't want to use mobile broadband.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
    2015 COLOR=#008000]X[/COLOR | 2016 COLOR=#ff8c00]In progress[/COLOR | 2017 | 2018
  • DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I remember them back in the day used to like them
    I don't think there is much around any more or any need for them
    with all the WIFI and BYOD they seem to have stoped
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Internet cafes seem to be vanishing, generally. Where you're most likely to see them now is in low-income areas.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • esr0159esr0159 Member Posts: 80 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There are a lot of internet cafes here in our country. I rarely go to internet cafes if I don't want to use my mobile data or if I need to print something.
    CCNP R&S | Planning to hit IE R&S or JNCIA or Security path|
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The need for these shrinks every day. I read yesterday that the Chicago and New York Library System will start lending out WiFi hotspots.
  • RafaNoor91RafaNoor91 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My brothers' friend's sister in law owns one; according to her, the warm spirit in the cafe is satisfactory enough; however, until your restaurant gains popularity, profits will be at a flat plateau. She has only 3 pcs (2 macs).

• Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't be able to trust a internet cafe. Browsing, printing from usb, sure. Checking e-mail, I would be having a panic attack till I got it changed at home.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Perhaps share your experiences with Internet cafes? You posted the initial question and have since not posted to this thread, I am sure others would love to hear back from you regarding your thoughts? Makes the thread more interesting as well!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • missjanayamissjanaya Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How profitable are these things now that the .com boom is over? Would you consider opening one in a low income area?
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Internet cafe? You mean Starbucks, right? The Wi-Fi is great but the coffee is a little expensive.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    missjanaya wrote: »
    How profitable are these things now that the .com boom is over? Would you consider opening one in a low income area?

I asked you to contribute to the conversation in the above post, perhaps that was not in clear enough English, but the forums are for discussions not your personal research. You have asked only questions in both your posts of this thread. Contribute to the conversation rather than merely fishing for information from our members who generously put forth their time.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • swellbowswellbow Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Public libraries tend to fill that role around where I live. Some of them even offer coffee/baked goods..
  • WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    missjanaya wrote: »

There's no profit in them at all at this point. That's why they are pretty much non-existent in the US now whereas they were all over the place in the late 90's and from 2001-2008. Too many restaurants/businesses have free WiFi now due to the proliferation of broadband.