Hello, It's been awhile and I need some information on new material !

DennellyDennelly Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all I took a comptia a+,network+, and mcitp course in 2009 and I was looking forward to finally getting my certifications. I didn't take the tests due to money related issues and I'm looking to get back into studying and aiming to take the tests by the end of September. What material and books are good for studying for the newer tests? When I first studied we were using windows XP and Vista as our test environments so I know a lot has changed since then. If you know of any good books and websites to use to study I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• ElitisElitis Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just took (passed) my 801 and 802 about a month ago, and you'll still need to know (unfortunately) Windows XP, and Vista. However, now you'll also need to know Windows 7, and before long Windows 8 as well (901/902; or whatever they call the next exams). Personally, I used the Mike Meyers All in One, and Testout to study. I also got a lot of hands on experience. Everything I used, however, wasn't by choice. My IT class provides everything for us, but with that said, Mike Meyers and Testout seem to have a good reputation around here.

Professor Messer (Youtube), and ExamCram also seem to be favorable.
  • DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    I used CertBlaster, and Professor Messer........ You can go to the library and take out any A+ book that included a practice exam CD.
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Professor Messer is a great resource for the price (free)
    As well as the Mike Meyer books for A+