Options

a plus should i take it

RajyashviRajyashvi Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
So i am thinking of doing the a plus exam, i am 14 and i've built my own computer, i have an understanding of ESD, and different forms of storage such as HD, solid states, flash memory, and floppys, i talk about processors and graphics cards with friends alot, and i've been watching the Nugget lab video's on it i've only gotten to storage so far.

Comments

• Options
    abyssinicaabyssinica Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sure, why not? Go for it!
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Rajyashvi wrote: »
    so i am thinking of doing the a plus exam, i am 14 and i've built my own computer, i have an understanding of ESD, and different forms of storage such as HD, solid states, flash memory, and floppys, i talk about processors and graphics cards with friends alot, and i've been watching the Nugget lab video's on it i've only gotten to storage so far.

I was also 14-15 when I did A+. I would jump on it now as it will pay off in the long run, though there isn't anything wrong with starting it later. One other thing I'd recommend is to enjoy your schooling now (I assume you're presently in high school) because before you know it you will be in college and then working full time, etc. Try to strike a balance between the two, but knock out a couple certs while you are in high school if you can.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    RajyashviRajyashvi Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am on a summer vacation at the current moment but I want to know how hard it is given my knowledge and I want to jump on it as fast as possible so I can be ahead of my competition. Can you give me some tips, my dad is Microsoft certified and knowledgable about pcs but off topic I am really scared I did the practice questions on the comptia site and got 20/30 and 19/20 again I only got to memory/ram on the nugget lab stuff also am thinking about prof fester messer videos
    abyssinica wrote: »
    Sure, why not? Go for it!
    I know just I am scared about it I want some tips. If you can offer them
  • Options
    abyssinicaabyssinica Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Study from the official textbook(s) and you will surely pass.
  • Options
    DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    Go for it, Professor Messer videos are great.
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Rajyashvi wrote: »
    I am on a summer vacation at the current moment...

What does it matter if you are on vacation or not?
    Can you give me some tips, my dad is Microsoft certified and knowledgable about pcs but off topic....

Ask your dad.

What do you think a bunch of strangers on an Internet forum can help you with that your parent cannot? Obviously, it sounds like you father works in the industry, he can likely provide you with good advice and maybe even some of his old resources (texts) to prepare. Ask your dad.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    As long as you put in the time, your confidence will grown. My advice to you is, do some reading and lab work. You're young and ahead of the game, internet has soooo many resources. Go for it and don't look back
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+