Is a month and a half enough time to prepare?

jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm thinking of taking the CCNA Security no later than Aug 15'ish. I'll be starting school after then shortly and don't want to be sitting around the house doing nothing until then.

I'm more than familiar with IT security and networking in general. I'm sure the proprietary Cisco aspects is what I'll have to focus on.

What time frame did any of you guys have when studying for it? Do you think this will be enough time? I'll probably be in the books for an hour or two after work and lab when I get a chance. Is there anything in particular I should look out for or focus on?
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna

Comments

• HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    Definitely enough time. Just don't procrastinate.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It took me about two months of study for the 640-554 last year which included reading the official cert guide by Barker/Morris and watching the CBT nuggets. I had just started my current position which was slow at the time so I had lots of time to study at work. It was nice having access to ACS, IPS modules, and ASA 5510 at work :). I found that exam so much easier than the 640-802 for the CCNA years ago.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • zykezyke Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took three weeks to study, right after my ICND1 exam, and I was 5 chapters behind when the test date came. However I did procrastinate a bit and also I had TONS to do at work.

I failed my exam with 804 / 1000 with 898 bar to pass. So generally I would say 1 month would be sufficient. If you don't procrastinate.

And I mainly used the official cert guide by Barker/Morris and watched some CBT nuggets too.