CCP vs CLI Commands

The Silent AssassinThe Silent Assassin Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
I will be taking the CCNA Sec exam in the near future and I wanted to know or get some idea on how much of the exam is based around CCP and the CLI. Will I have to remember how to obtain information with certain commands disabled or something along the lines? Last thing I want to do is overload on command-line syntaxies and forget basic things.

I already have GNS3 running on a VM for labbing purposes.

Comments

• zykezyke Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Speaking from own experience and from what I've read on the forum.

There are basically NO CLI commands.

I had 2 sims and both of them were in CCP. I also had a couple of questions regarding how to navigate in CCP.
    Hope that helps.
  • Highl1Highl1 Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed CCNA Security two years ago, and as zyke said, there was no CLI, only CCP, one large sim (with 5 stages), and one shorter sim, if I recall correctly
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Like zyke and Highl1 said, and from my experience a few months ago, it's almost entirely CCP. Know the GUI very well! It doesn't hurt to know some basic commands for various things but don't go crazy memorizing the CLI commands for key exchange or whatever.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'll second all the above. I actually thought CCP was so straightforward that I probably could have completed the sims without ever having seen it before, but it won't hurt to be familiar with it. I don't recall anything CLI specific, which I found very surprising.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    colemic wrote: »
    I'll all the above. I actually thought CCP was so straightforward that I probably could have completed the sims without ever having seen it before, but it won't hurt to be familiar with it. I don't recall anything CLI specific, which I found very surprising.

I think that instead of raising the passing score so high, they should have added more CLI and ASDM to better cover what you'll see in the real world.

[EDIT] Hopefully, the real CCP Sims are a lot less buggy than the ones on the practice test I took. I had one on a practice test that would not let me deliver the commands and ended up with a zero on the sim as a result.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'll agree with that as well... honestly I think they are trying to kickstart people to use CCP, but CLI is still king. (And ASDM.)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed