Network/Information Security Certification Path (Suggestions)

DarkWolf7178DarkWolf7178 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear All,

I've just finished College (High School in US) (I DON'T HAVE A DEGREE ALREADY!)

I studied for a Level 3 in IT (Systems Support & Networking) with the majority of the grades completed to Distinction. On this course I studied a wide range of modules including: Networked Systems Security, Network Management, Computer Networks, Computer Systems, Information Systems, Technical Support, Troubleshooting/Repair, Systems Maintenance, and many others.

I will be receiving my final grade later this month, then in September I will be progressing onto University (BSc Network Management and Security). I also have no work experience since I am rather academic and haven't had the opportunity

What certifications would you recommend that I get over the 3 years that I will be at University, considering I'm aspiring to work within Network/Information Security??

Comments

• MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dear All,

I've just finished College (High School in US) (I DON'T HAVE A DEGREE ALREADY!)

I studied for a Level 3 in IT (Systems Support & Networking) with the majority of the grades completed to Distinction. On this course I studied a wide range of modules including: Networked Systems Security, Network Management, Computer Networks, Computer Systems, Information Systems, Technical Support, Troubleshooting/Repair, Systems Maintenance, and many others.

I will be receiving my final grade later this month, then in September I will be progressing onto University (BSc Network Management and Security). I also have no work experience since I am rather academic and haven't had the opportunity

What certifications would you recommend that I get over the 3 years that I will be at University, considering I'm aspiring to work within Network/Information Security??

Just off the bat, I'd say you should look at Security+ and CCENT -> CCNA: Security then maybe a GIAC GSEC or a (ISC)2 Associate for SSCP or CISSP.
  • DarkWolf7178DarkWolf7178 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MSP-IT wrote: »
    Just off the bat, I'd say you should look at Security+ and CCENT -> CCNA: Security then maybe a GIAC GSEC or a (ISC)2 Associate for SSCP or CISSP.

Thanks, I'll take a look into these certifications, and the exam objectives :)

Would you recommend approaching the CCENT or Sec+ first?
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Security+ -> CCENT