MTA 98-349: Is the exam actually this simple?

jordmarshjordmarsh Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all! I've been lurking here for a few months but finally thought I should sign up...

I've been an IT apprentice at my local school for the past year, and I've got my MTA 98-349 exam tomorrow at 1. I've studied the Sybex: Windows Operating System Essentials book, the Certiport study guide, and I've taken the Gmetrix tests 4 or 5 times and scored well every time.

Basically my question is this: In your opinions, are these guides/tests sufficient enough to get me a pass? Are they good indicators of how the proper exam will be? Because if so it doesn't seem as hard as I imagined it to be. Oh, and is the proper exam just standard one word answer multiple choice questions over and over again like in the Gmetrix tests, or are they more scenario based like in the Certiport guide?

Sorry if this has been asked before a lot in the past by the way! I've done a lot of reading around and it seems somewhat unanimous that it's quite easy, and going by the practice tests I've done I'm inclined to agree, but I really don't want to get over confident and cocky with it and end up screwing up...

Comments

• NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you did well with the Sybex book and the gmetrix practice exams then you will be just fine.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • jordmarshjordmarsh Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. Last night I was generally quite tense about the exam and considered pushing it back a week incase I wasn't ready, but after seeing your comment, and going through the Gmetrix tests and Sybex questions again, I feel a lot more at ease.

Hopefully the exam tomorrow will go well!
    Good luck, let us know how you do!
  • jordmarshjordmarsh Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just did it, passed with 82/100. Not as good as I'd hoped I'd get but hey, at least it's done. I will say that after taking the proper exam, I'm glad I read the Sybex book, it was quite handy...

The Certiport guide on the hand was pretty useless.

Anyway, time to get the other MTA's done!
    Congrats!
  • SLeibinSLeibin Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry for another question about the exam. Is it as in-depth as A+ that I would need to be memorizing transfer rates of devices like IEE and USB? I'm reading the official guide and they get pretty technical. Am I like what seems like a lot of other people, and I'm over-thinking this? Thanks!