Options

please suggest thin clients for VDI

JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
I am currently doing some test deployment of VMWare view (v6) in my lab, and I am looking into getting a couple of thin clients for end to end testing. I am looking to move few of our executives to VDI with Persona management, eventually.

Would love to hear what you guys use in your environment, besides converting regular workstations to thin clients :)

Comments

• Options
    mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've had good luck with EVGA zero clients and the LG Monitor zero clients.
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
  • Options
    linuxabuserlinuxabuser Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We use Wyse C50LE thin clients and P20 zero clients. They are extremely easy to manage with Wyse Device Manager (free)! If you do end up getting these, let me know, and I can help you out with the configs.
  • Options
    volumevolume Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Seconding EVGA zero clients, although with View just about anything with the same Teradici chipset is going to be very similar. Don't waste the time on recycled workstations, they use more power, still have moving parts, still require licensing and patching, etc.