When do I know when I'm ready?

ManufacturingTechManufacturingTech Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've got a copy of Darril Gibsons book Get Certified Get Ahead and also his app for smartphone. I've been reading and taking the quizzes at the end of each Chapter. I just finished with Chapter 5 getting between 92-95% on each chapter. Is that sufficient in order to continue on or should I be shooting for 100% before moving on?

Obviously with it being such a pricey exam I guess as with most, I want to make sure I'm prepared to take it.

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Testing is not about perfection.
    If you understand the questions at the end of the chapter you should continue to the next one. If you are reading the questions and don't understand them. Go back and review because you probably missed something.

Good Luck!
  • jaywalkerjaywalker Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't worry, I had the same exact thoughts running through my head as well. It sounds like you're doing fine so far. Understanding why you got an answer wrong is important and will help you going forward. The practice test you should worry about can be found at the end of the book. Treat it as if it were the real thing, grade it and see how well you did.

Professor Messer's SY0-301 videos are a good reinforcement and are freely available on youtube if you need them. Darril's blog is a great resource.
    Goals for 2015: ICND1 [], ICND2 []

..........:cheers:
    A winner is you
  • ManufacturingTechManufacturingTech Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice! :D Seems like some of them I miss, I just miss because of the wording(I don't read it as closely as I should). I've been looking at Darril's blog as well as Professor Messer. Should I get the premium items on Darril's site or not bother?
    My reading comprehension isn't the best either ;) Just be careful and re-read a question slowly if you have to. In my opinion, getting access to Darril's premium content will 'virtually guarantee' your pass (but it's not required).

A winner is you
  • RivergoatRivergoat Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hoping I'm about ready. Between Darril's book and his premium site practice tests, the Exam Cram book and practice tests, and Prof Messer's videos, that's about all I've been doing for 2 months. Passing the practice tests easily now; just hoping they don't throw any weird curve balls on the actual test. Taking it in a week and a half.....
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Know your ports, the OSI model, and you'll be fine.
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
    Rivergoat wrote: »
    Hoping I'm about ready. Between Darril's book and his premium site practice tests, the Exam Cram book and practice tests, and Prof Messer's videos, that's about all I've been doing for 2 months. Passing the practice tests easily now; just hoping they don't throw any weird curve balls on the actual test. Taking it in a week and a half.....

Besides the completely obvious non-gradable beta question(s), you will find no curveballs on the exam. The material you're using is more than enough to walk out of that testing center Security+ certified. If you haven't done so already, brush up on darril's simulation questions. He has a video on youtube discussing them as well.

Best of luck!

A winner is you
  • AnthonyGAnthonyG Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You are ready.